Bowser Jr. is my favourite Mario series recurring boss character

#1iGenesisPosted 2/26/2010 1:12:26 PM
Unlike other Mario villains (including Bowser himself), B Jr. actually has a personality.
---
GameFAQs.com: You make the content. CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List_2010.gif
#2Knuckles07Posted 2/26/2010 1:13:45 PM
*sigh*

MUST I list each Koopaling's personality again? MUST I?! -_-

---
Current Addiction: NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. Wii
~ 2-time champ of the Great Marioverse Fight ~
#3TommyTalentPosted 2/26/2010 1:19:18 PM
Uh... in case you didn't notice, none of the bosses have a personality aside from "Steal Peach; Be Evil". Even Mario doesn't even have a personality. Leave it to casuals to not be able to comprehend that a great game doesn't need distinct characters, eh?
#4kuyghjibobPosted 2/26/2010 1:20:51 PM

TommyTalent posted...
Uh... in case you didn't notice, none of the bosses have a personality aside from "Steal Peach; Be Evil". Even Mario doesn't even have a personality. Leave it to casuals to not be able to comprehend that a great game doesn't need distinct characters, eh?

Actually, hardcore gamers ae normally the ones that look for a personality in everything...

#5Storm101Posted 2/26/2010 1:27:24 PM
He does have a point, if you exclude the cartoons. Though I personally find his personality annoying.
#6Knuckles07Posted 2/26/2010 1:36:24 PM
All 8 of Bowser's children have personalities! Why do people keep saying they don't?? The games (especially SMW and NSMBW) provide some insight on them as well as the OFFICIAL Nintendo comics! Ludwig (like Beethoven) is a brilliant composer (and if I'm not mistaken, a technological genious too) and also comes off as a sophisticated jackass.

Lemmy is the clown of the family, which is obvious if you play SMB3 (his character description for that game even states that he would like to join the circus) and NSMBW.

Roy is a bit of a tough guy, pretty much identical to his "Bully Koopa" persona on the cartoons.

Iggy is absolutely insane and extremely hyperactive (in SMW when he's defeated, he's described as "the demented Iggy Koopa") but he's also a genius as well.

Wendy, as the only girl of the family, is always trying to prove that she is just a good as (or better than) her brothers and is a spoiled brat, thanks to her father (just read the Nintendo comics).

Morton is a bit of a mindless brute. I'll admit that he needs to show his personality more in future games.

Larry loves sports (as was proven when he brought his tennis raquet with him in Mario & Lugi: Superstar Saga), has a bad temper (as witnessed in NSMBW) and is also a bit of a slacker (as seen in the ending of NSMBW).

Finally, Bowser Jr. (much like his big sister) has been spoiled by his father - but to a greater extent since he's been getting all the attention from Bowser lately. It's been pretty good for his ego as we've seen in the past few games. Also, he likes trying to look more menacing by wearing a baby bib with a picture of a mouth full of sharp teeth on it!

---
#7Glakma3Posted 2/26/2010 1:48:31 PM
"MUST I list each Koopaling's personality again? MUST I?! -_-"

I find this very ignorant, sorry knuckles.

The koopalings have personality, but it's like if I said:

"This person is crazy, this person is depressing, this person is funny"

There's no development, there's nothing past their characters. It's just the most basic fundamentals of personality, but nothing else, nothing makes those characters really show their personalities other than a crazy laugh or their appearance. Maybe they have more personality than bowser jr, but it's still the personality of a brick wall. Maybe a brick wall with a face painted on it, but that doesn't mean the wall has a personality.
#8kuyghjibobPosted 2/26/2010 1:50:06 PM

Glakma3 posted...
"MUST I list each Koopaling's personality again? MUST I?! -_-"

I find this very ignorant, sorry knuckles.

The koopalings have personality, but it's like if I said:

"This person is crazy, this person is depressing, this person is funny"

There's no development, there's nothing past their characters. It's just the most basic fundamentals of personality, but nothing else, nothing makes those characters really show their personalities other than a crazy laugh or their appearance. Maybe they have more personality than bowser jr, but it's still the personality of a brick wall. Maybe a brick wall with a face painted on it, but that doesn't mean the wall has a personality.

So... You want Nintendo to develop his characters? know I don't

#9Glakma3Posted 2/26/2010 1:51:02 PM
No, I don't at all. I'm saying that the koopalings are no more expressive than bowser jr is, it's not like they are these super interesting characters with their own backstories and deepness.
#10Knuckles07Posted 2/26/2010 1:54:10 PM
Maybe they have more personality than bowser jr, but it's still the personality of a brick wall. Maybe a brick wall with a face painted on it, but that doesn't mean the wall has a personality.

That makes no sense.
And what do you expect from a PLATFORMER?? Platformers aren't typically RPGs.
Speaking of which, I would love to see the Koopalings (all 8 of them) in another RPG - but this time I want them to be MAJOR CHARACTERS in it instead of tacked-on fan service at the end...
---