rank them purple coin missions!

#1friendlydudePosted 1/19/2013 9:54:06 PMmessage detail(edited)
Inspired by a recent topic on the Super Mario Galaxy board, and me having ranked the ones in the first Galaxy a few months ago, now it's time to rank the purple coin missions in Galaxy 2! I'm ranking from favorite to least favorite. Here we go!!

Tall Trunk's Purple Coin Slide- I LOVE this level! I mean this is loads of fun and never gets boring. Jumping, fast movements, awesome dizzy camera angles, avoiding danger... the whole package! I can't imagine a purple coin level more exciting than this one. My only issue are the damn wigglers at the end. I'm never sure I'm going to survive across the final jump all because of these damn bad guys.

Purple Coin Beach Dash- Alright, I don't like the dash pepper, but there's always exceptions and this is one of them. Really fun and SUPER fast speeding across the beach and collecting 100 coins. I just wish it was longer! It's funny because the bee cloud purple coin beach mission from the first game is way too long!

Luigi's Purple Coin Chaos- Alright, it's slightly easier than Luigi's Purple Coins from the first Galaxy since the gold platforms no longer rotate upon touching them, and here I notice I'm less likely to miss the coins because of the way they're spaced out (not too close together like in Luigi's Purple Coins- obviously due to the fact that now you have to collect *all* the coins). The Mario clones make it intense, and I really enjoy it.

Bulb Berry's Purple Coin Glow- It's really an extremely easy and short purple coin mission but it's so much fun using Yoshi. The dreamy atmosphere makes the purple coins feel like actual berries, don't you think?

Purple Coin Flip 'n' Sprint- This one is pretty challenging and long, and yes, quite the fun trip! The timer is just right, I think. Just be careful not to lose a life when you forget for a moment the way the platforms work. Yes that's right, simply spinning in the air can hurt you big time if you're not careful! When you fall and die it's because... "Oh THAT'S right! I *can't* spin whenever I want!" *facepalm*

Purple Coin Spin Speed Run- More fun than I originally realized because I like finding a reliable pattern with the short time limit I'm given. I probably wouldn't have lost so many times had I known about the big jump you can do while holding the spin drill. I kept running out of time when I reached the final room uncertain how to reach the coins that appeared to be out of my reach. A quick jerky "back, forward and jump" motion is the key!

Purple Coin Shadow Vault- Wow, you thought Purple Coin Beach Dash was short? THIS one my friends, is shorter than that one by far! This time the Mario clones are sort of annoying given the tiny room and how it's too easy to bump into them. Don't miss the coins and have to come back for them either- you'll pay hard! You've been warned!

Purple Coins On the Rainbow Road. DIE starball! Explode now instead of later! What a nightmare of a challenge. That one narrow ramp that curves to the right is the biggest nightmare of all since the objects (towers?) on the left and right side are likely to push the starball to your fabulous death below. This seems to happen when I'm making good time and have enough coins. How inconvenient! Seriously Nintendo, why time us for this one? That's just too darn cruel! And a SHORT time at that! Don't even have time to pop a mini Snickers bar in my mouth.

The Adventure of the Purple Coins- Trust me, this is the polar opposite of an adventure. Walking through a forest is an adventure. Watching Harry Potter is an adventure. Playing the rest of Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an adventure. But NOT a level where these extra large wheels rotate endlessly, play tricks with your mind, and have you so confused you just keep falling and falling over and over again! I can't tell you how many times I yelled at Mario on screen "HURRY UP! GET UP THERE BEFORE YOU FALL!" and... he doesn't hurry up. Stinky-buns of a level.
#2Sparx555Posted 1/19/2013 9:38:05 PMmessage detail
Uh...

Worst - The Adventure of the Purple Coins: It's good, but not that great. It's nowhere near as difficult as getting 30 gold coins for the secret star in my opinion.
Best - Everything else. They're too hard to rate, they're all too awesome! x_x
---
Ice Cream Topics Gotten to 500: 4
Lots of ranting and stupidity: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/922345-Sparx's_Awesome_Rant/64829504
#3friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:47:37 PMmessage detail
Now that's what I call a quick response!

Since you responded, I went back and edited my message to add more thoughts! Yeah it's annoying getting 30 coins in the Clockwork Ruins Galaxy but that's minor compared to having to collect 100 purple coins IMO. Oh and don't tell me you like the Rainbow Road purple coin mission? Please don't tell me this!! *hides under blanket*
#4Sparx555Posted 1/19/2013 9:54:04 PMmessage detail
friendlydude posted...
Now that's what I call a quick response!

Since you responded, I went back and edited my message to add more thoughts! Yeah it's annoying getting 30 coins in the Clockwork Ruins Galaxy but that's minor compared to having to collect 100 purple coins IMO. Oh and don't tell me you like the Rainbow Road purple coin mission? Please don't tell me this!! *hides under blanket*

Alright, I won't tell you that.

It doesn't mean it isn't true. I just won't tell you.
---
Ice Cream Topics Gotten to 500: 4
Lots of ranting and stupidity: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/922345-Sparx's_Awesome_Rant/64829504
#5friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:55:51 PMmessage detail
*hides under blanket WITH the flashlight on!*

"Please don't get me closet monsters with Rainbow Road coins dripping from the scary mouth!" lol
#6friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:37:15 AMmessage detail
BUMP! Come on guys, rate them before Yoshi flutters into an airplane engine :p
#7friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 2:46:57 PMmessage detail
Bill Cosby and the Rankables family.
#8Anlace74Posted 2/3/2013 6:12:55 AMmessage detail
I can't rank them as I have not played them all.
#9friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:38:38 PMmessage detail
Well as soon as you do, hop on over here like a white rabbit and go rank happy :)
#10friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:57:04 AMmessage detail
No rank equates to a lot of stank!