rank them purple coin missions!

#41friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 12:14:32 PMmessage detail(edited)
"I developed this habit in the first SMG, carried over into SMG2, of spinning at the end of all my jumps just in case. It was really hard to unlearn that here when I was in a hurry under the strict time limit"

Oh don't worry- we all do that. In fact I think Nintendo knows this and that's why they created the stage the way they did, knowing that using that spin is going to be a disadvantage in this case.

"such that a few are unreachable if you don't happen to fall on them upon entering the room, thus forcing you all the way around the house again, taking up too much time"

You might not know about this, but if you tap left-right or right-left real quick and then the jump button, you can do a super jump while holding the drill. This is how you reach the coins that are out of reach with a normal jump. You still have to manage the gravity, but it's much easier this way. Took me a few hours to figure this out.

"I had trouble on this one a few times by having such bad control of Yoshi that he would run AROUND hot peppers at the end of a line of coins."

Yup, the problem is that it's TOO fast! I kept swerving all over the place until I learned the design of the course. I'd always fall in the water when the pepper speed runs out, and waste too much time trying to swim to the pepper. Talk about a nightmare.

Don't worry about the Adventure of the Purple Coins. The second wheel (of the 4) is definitely the trickiest because there's no safe land below, but I found out that backflipping to the left (since the wheel spins to the right) and landing on the platforms is the key to getting all the coins on this wheel. It's still hard, though- properly landing your jumps.
#42Sparx555Posted 5/12/2013 5:30:27 PMmessage detail
friendlydude posted...
"I developed this habit in the first SMG, carried over into SMG2, of spinning at the end of all my jumps just in case. It was really hard to unlearn that here when I was in a hurry under the strict time limit"

Oh don't worry- we all do that. In fact I think Nintendo knows this and that's why they created the stage the way they did, knowing that using that spin is going to be a disadvantage in this case.

Huh... I never thought about it like that before. That's actually kinda neat. XD
---
Ice Cream Topics Gotten to 500: 4
Lots of ranting and stupidity: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/922345-Sparx's_Awesome_Rant/64829504
#43friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 8:52:38 AMmessage detail
It's actually rather funny now that I look back and realize how I kept dying in that stage- it's completely my fault for spinning in the air and changing the platforms during those crucial jumping decisions that result in me falling down and dying, and the only person to blame is myself. So when I'm cussing at Mario on the TV screen, someone should be holding a mirror up to my face so I can cuss myself out, lol.
#44111095Posted 5/19/2013 2:50:44 AMmessage detail
benjamin3740 posted...
*hugs 111095* ^_^

What? Excuse that random hug but I havent seen Stam in number format in ages.... ._.

Isn't that a good thing? >_<

also, this was the last thing of note that showed Ben actually likes me.. lol
---
Stamford.
Join the Fifa Community ~ http://secretfifacommunity.forumotion.co.uk/
#45benjamin3740Posted 5/20/2013 5:48:37 PMmessage detail
111095 posted...
benjamin3740 posted...
*hugs 111095* ^_^

What? Excuse that random hug but I havent seen Stam in number format in ages.... ._.

Isn't that a good thing? >_<

also, this was the last thing of note that showed Ben actually likes me.. lol

Eww, get off me, creep! D: ...JK... XD

What? I like your numbers! Triple One O' ninety-five! ^_^
---
WARNING: This sig will self-destruct in 12-16 business days!!!! - Non-refundable!
c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
#46friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2013 11:10:55 PMmessage detail
tickle toe bumps
#47Random_Taco568Posted 6/9/2013 10:34:04 AMmessage detail
Rolling Coaster- Very fun level and I repeat it many times. Best use of the star ball, great music and very memorable

Starshine-Great use of the Dash Pepper and very fun to repeat a bit short tho

Tall Trunk-a very memorable level and it is for a reason it is fresh, fun and challenging. the drawback is the Gearmos ugh!

Sweet Mystery-Its pretty unmemorable but its really refreshing to have a relaxed untimed purple coin mission and in a great atmosphere as well, but like I said it is unmemorable compared to many other levels and the 1st mission in Sweet Mystery is better anyway.

Flip Swap- I like this mission its very strightforward and it is a great gimmick as well but this should not be a world 1 mission it is a bit challenging for it so it is a bit out of place

Clockwork Ruins- I like this galaxy a lot but the Purple coin mission is pretty dull. Unlike the other posters I have no problem with the spin gravity cog things it is just a very boring, long and linear level but I do like the background change in this level.

Puzzle Plank- I dont like Cosmic Clones at all, and I think this level is to short and out of theme as well, but its pretty fresh since it is in the Pipe room

Mario Squared- Cosmic clones are just annoying and I just think this is a rip off of Toy Time but harder and I found LPC easy anyway and I still found this to be fairly easy. so nothing interesting I do like the fact you only have 100 to collect but..

Puzzle Plank- I dont like Cosmic Clones at all, and I think this level is to short and out of theme as well, but its pretty fresh since it is in the Pipe room

Flipsville-I can do this level easy but I dont like the Drill at all I think it is pretty dull power up and can be quite annoying to use as well I dont know why they took the flawless Ice flower out and put this in. it is pretty fresh but the Drill just sucks.
---
the saying YOLO (You only live once) is just an excuse of doing something idiotic.
#48friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 5:48:41 PMmessage detail
Oh, you like Rolling Coaster the most huh? I admit it is pretty fun to repeat it time and time again. It's odd though- sometimes I do really well, other times I go in with the same determination as the other time and yet I do poorly.
#49Random_Taco568Posted 6/10/2013 1:13:28 PMmessage detail
It is that mission that I should suck at but rock at..
---
the saying YOLO (You only live once) is just an excuse of doing something idiotic.
#50friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 4:45:33 PMmessage detail
rank 'em up, guys!