So Much Better Than The First

#1Maestro_3000Posted 4/14/2013 5:56:16 PM
Is it weird to hate the first Mario galaxy game and love the second? I thought the first was one of the worst Mario games I've played and it put me off playing this one for ages. Glad I gave it a chance now though.
#2Sparx555Posted 4/15/2013 4:48:12 PM
Uh... yeah. That is weird. The two games are pretty similar to be honest. At least they;re both 3D paltformers with the same basic physics and mechanics and this one is a direct sequel to the other, so...

Regardless, this is really fun. Probably ranks above the first one for me, though I still like that one a lot too. :p
---
Ice Cream Topics Gotten to 500: 4
Lots of ranting and stupidity: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/922345-Sparx's_Awesome_Rant/64829504
#3friendlydudePosted 4/18/2013 12:02:21 AM(edited)
Yup, your love for the sequel but hatred for the close-resembling original is a real oddball in the universe, and one of the biggest dandruff-y head scratchers ever, heh
#4Maestro_3000(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:35:33 AM
The camera was a mess in the first one made the game feel cheap when it's only difficulty was predicting when the camera was going to go all matrix on you. Barely ever rage at games but this Galaxy 1 had me going. Better map, better variety in levels and more levels that provide some challenge, comet stars done better, yoshi! Couldn't honestly recommend the first one, expect better than that from Nintendo.
#5PJ365Posted 4/23/2013 9:17:14 PM
I agree Its my favorite wii game.
#6Sparx555Posted 4/24/2013 11:33:33 AM
Maestro_3000 posted...
The camera was a mess in the first one made the game feel cheap when it's only difficulty was predicting when the camera was going to go all matrix on you. Barely ever rage at games but this Galaxy 1 had me going. Better map, better variety in levels and more levels that provide some challenge, comet stars done better, yoshi! Couldn't honestly recommend the first one, expect better than that from Nintendo.

What? I hardly ever found the camera a problem. And if anything the first Galaxy had more vairety in levels, there are a bunch in this game that are similar to the first one in the last world... but let's just say I disagree with you and leave it at that. =P
---
Ice Cream Topics Gotten to 500: 4
Lots of ranting and stupidity: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/922345-Sparx's_Awesome_Rant/64829504
#7SPDShadowRangerPosted 4/24/2013 10:43:32 PM
Never had problems with the camera in the first one.
#8friendlydudePosted 4/25/2013 11:18:25 PM
Actually the camera does mess with you occasionally in the first Galaxy. That one star where you're locked inside a room with a ghost and spikey ball, and you have to walk on the walls and blast around on bubbles... that's a nightmare of a level and the ghost always sneaks up on me. Also, the lava purple coin mission- the camera does some trickery in the beginning for some odd reason.
#9friendlydudePosted 4/26/2013 11:24:15 AM
Wow, speaking of bad cameras. I was playing Galaxy 2 this afternoon and when I got to Starshine Beach and collected the 5th gray star piece, I almost kicked the bucket because the camera panned out WAY too far and wouldn't zoom in! I got hit by a spiny and immediately ran back to the safe spot (far out in the water). That would have sucked since I don't even really like this level and would've had to re-do it. Damn game.