Can anyone explain why the purple guy always asks you to take break?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  3. Can anyone explain why the purple guy always asks you to take break?
3 years ago#1
Seriously. I've never played a game that so persistently asked you to stop playing it. What gives?
3DS: 3952-7192-0901
MPH: 1246-4232-1245 3* SSBB: 4339-2152-2086
3 years ago#2
Obviously it's reverse psychology. <.<
Ice Cream Topics Gotten to 500: 4
Lots of ranting and stupidity: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/922345-Sparx's_Awesome_Rant/64829504
3 years ago#3
Because he is lazy and morbidly obese.
the saying YOLO (You only live once) is just an excuse of doing something idiotic.
3 years ago#4
Pretty much all Nintendo first party games do this now.
3 years ago#5
Maybe he's implying that since Mario's overweight, he should be resting so he doesn't overdo it. :p
3 years ago#6
I've noticed that if you die often in a stage before completing it, the purple guy will tell you that everyone's thankful for your help in finding the stars or something like that. Which pissed me off because I don't need that kind of "pat on the back" when I die a lot.

It's possible that what he says about taking a break applies the same way - when you die a lot, he'll ask you to take a break. But I can't remember for sure. The one thing I'm sure of is that it has nothing to do with how long you've played the game. I remember resuming my save file, and after finding just one star, he said that thing about taking a break.
3 years ago#7
I know what you mean about that pat on the back. It's almost like he's treating you like a baby. "Aww, good job! Now that you've completed it, we're all really happy now! You get a super shiny star!" That's when you wanna stick your fist through the TV screen and knock him to the blackhole :p
3 years ago#8
Eeqmcsq posted...
I've noticed that if you die often in a stage before completing it, the purple guy will tell you that everyone's thankful for your help in finding the stars or something like that. Which pissed me off because I don't need that kind of "pat on the back" when I die a lot.

Agreed. When I do poorly I need a proper berating in order to get the motivation to succeed.
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
3 years ago#9
Because SMG2 is trying to appeal to the casual gamer. It's mostly a reality check for the casual audience to realize how much time they've spent playing.
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3361/jokertotabx7.png
Happily married since May 31, 2003
3 years ago#10
NFITC1 posted...
Because SMG2 is trying to appeal to the casual gamer. It's mostly a reality check for the casual audience to realize how much time they've spent playing.

This. Just... This.
Christ is the only true solution to the problems plaguing mankind.
http://www.fanfiction.net/forum/Help_people_find_obscure_stories/36645/
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  3. Can anyone explain why the purple guy always asks you to take break?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived