I should not LOL but LOL... how evil of a game is this!?

#1talk2billPosted 7/25/2013 10:43:15 AM
So my 6 year old has been playing the Mario Squared Galaxy Level... he finally get all the switches...then on his way to the star... falls to his doom!

So daddy takes over and in a few tries I get the star... only to have him say "but daddy you didn't get the comet coin!"

So now do I ever try? Knowing that he will have a hard time doing whatever the comet thing is or what?

But that was cruel! But I happened to me earlier! On the one that looks like Q-Bert. I died twice trying to get back to the star.
---
"Thank God, I'm no longer in someone's sig." ~ neokillr
#2Sparx555Posted 7/25/2013 11:38:11 AM
That's a level that requires thinking ahead of time where you're going, as you have to try and step on as few green platforms as possible to get to the switches so that you have ground to get back to the star... and yeah the comet star in that galaxy is even harder in that sense because you're not beating it easily without having a plan for how to get through the area in advance. Wouldn't call it evil but the comet is one of the harder levels in the game...
---
Ice Cream Topics Gotten to 500: 4
Lots of ranting and stupidity: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/922345-Sparx's_Awesome_Rant/64829504
#3friendlydudePosted 7/27/2013 6:46:55 AM
I think that stage might be evil in the sense that it looks really easy from afar. Then you go to play it and you realize that yeah, you're stepping on platforms that won't come back so heading back to the star might be tough and that YOU made it tougher for yourself! It's incredibly deceiving!