Noob who just picked this up?

#1Hells_GamerPosted 5/11/2012 8:34:41 AM
Ok first off, hello everyone.

I am a hardcore gamer of over 20 years yet i have NEVER played a metroid game (i know what your thinking), but i was shopping in my local ASDA store today and i saw they had about 15 second hand copy's of metroid: other m in there and it was only 5 so i though why not, so i have just got home now and i have been checking out the reviews and i still cant decide if i made a wise purchase as most of the user reviews are very negative with a lot of 2 and 3's out on 10, but the critic reviews give the game a lot of praise. now are the user reviews low because they are die hard fans that were expecting something different and the game just didn't deliver? anyway your thoughts on the game would be great and and tips on what other metroid games to play if i enjoy this one would be great.

Thanks and peace out!!
---
"Not Changing this signature until the New York Islanders win the stanley cup" (Started 27th September 2009)
PSN: hells_gamer83
#2edward18Posted 5/11/2012 9:47:02 AM
At that price ANY game is worth it. Personally I love Other M. The story isn't that great but it's very fun. Just know that it doesn't play with as exploration-based gameplay as most Metroids do and is the second-to-last game in the timeline.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3Hells_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2012 9:52:20 AM
Thanks for some info dude, so is this one more of a run and gun game? plus will playing this without the others mean i will be totally lost as far as story is concerned?
---
"Not Changing this signature until the New York Islanders win the stanley cup" (Started 27th September 2009)
PSN: hells_gamer83
#4Werndan101Posted 5/11/2012 10:51:48 AM
Don't waste your time with this game, you could have bought a sub at subways instead.
---
Need help figuring out components for your gaming PC? Check this.
http://tinyurl.com/falconguide
#5edward18Posted 5/11/2012 11:02:02 AM
You'd probably be a bit lost even if you did play the other games. The story's just not that well done, but it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. Everything that you NEED to know about the game's story is in the game itself, as with any Metroid game.

As for the kind of game it is...uh...not exactly run and gun. There's puzzles and everything but it is quick-paced. You'll have to play it yourself to really determine what you think it is. Has beautiful visuals though.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#6GoombacrusherPosted 5/11/2012 11:13:04 AM
Werndan101 posted...
Don't waste your time with this game, you could have bought a sub at subways instead.

This.

And besides that, there are much better games in the series than this one to start off with
---
http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23BringBackToonami
Get Adult Swim to permanently bring back the greatest programming block ever!
#7Fang289Posted 5/11/2012 11:50:23 AM
You could've bought a vast variety of games that are much more fun than this one at that price...
---
Gekigangar3: "Delusions of power and control are funny."
MetalGearSamus: "Then your life must be the funniest thing in existence."
#8Werndan101Posted 5/11/2012 2:42:21 PM
edward18 posted...
Has beautiful visuals though.

It looks worse than Metroid Prime 1, a game made nearly a decade before.
---
#9edward18Posted 5/11/2012 2:53:42 PM
Like hell it does.
---
#10Werndan101Posted 5/11/2012 3:40:51 PM
edward18 posted...
Like hell it does.

Yes, it does.
---