No!!!!! Retro!!!!!!!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid: Other M
  3. No!!!!! Retro!!!!!!!
6 years ago#1
---
i reckon ps3 stabs wii in the shower leaving it twiching and bleeding in a pile of its own cr@p thats just my opinion-pjamalamaz~~~~
6 years ago#2
Retro Studios was the one factor really dragging down the Prime games. Team Ninja is infinitely better and from the looks of it, understands the essence of the series a lot more.
6 years ago#3
yeah its somewhat sad to see retro go after making such an epic trilogy but hey, NEW METROID!
6 years ago#4
on G4, they talked to Reggie after, and he said that Retro is working on another project he can't mention yet.
---
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/dj_sk00ter/knightdance2_4.gif
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/DJ+Skooter.png
6 years ago#5
Team Ninja is infinitely better and from the looks of it, understands the essence of the series a lot more.

I don't understand why you're saying this. What was so un-metroidlike about Primes 1 and 2? 3 was a little... meh, but overall the series did a good job of transposing the metroid formula into a 3d environment. Please don't tell me you're one of those people that STILL aren't over the fact that its in first person.

It's too early to say whether Team Ninja "gets" anything, and the pseudo-2d gameplay doesn't mean jack if you can actually pile-drive enemies into submission as the trailer suggests.
---
GT: Yin Starrunner
6 years ago#6
I don't care if Metroid Prime was in first person.

I care that it was puzzle oriented, slower than a kid who was hit over the head, and obsessed with "scanning".

The original Metroid games were exploration oriented, moderately or fast paced, and all revelations were made by the player.

How far can you get from Metroid than what I've listed above?
6 years ago#7

How far can you get from Metroid than what I've listed above?

Halo would be farther away from classic Metroid than the Prime trilogy...
---
98% of the Internet population has a "98% of the Internet population..." signature. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't...
...crap!! >_>
6 years ago#8
etai79, calm down!!! CALM DOWN!! Now breathe slowly.... SLOWER.... slowwwweer..... now that your calm: we all have opinions. stop trolling here.
---
i reckon ps3 stabs wii in the shower leaving it twiching and bleeding in a pile of its own cr@p thats just my opinion-pjamalamaz~~~~
6 years ago#9
etai79, calm down!!! CALM DOWN!! Now breathe slowly.... SLOWER.... slowwwweer..... now that your calm: we all have opinions. stop trolling here.

That's not trolling.

I agree completely, I hope that Metroid Prime dies and stays dead. They're decent games but they really don't fit in with the Metroid series at all.
---
Brawl: 0602 - 5923 - 2985
6 years ago#10
Actually, I would say this topic is redundant. There was no effort by TC to make an intelligent discussion out of this. It's merely a shout in the darkness of the internet.

Then you criticize me for trying to respond to your shouting? Especially when I make a valid point?
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid: Other M
  3. No!!!!! Retro!!!!!!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived