Totally stuck in Sector 1 - getting frustrated

#1SpeedDemon46Posted 8/31/2010 5:58:50 PM
I've seen a bunch of threads RE: being stuck in sector 1, but none seem to be in the same place I am. I *must* be missing something incredibly obvious, but after searching and scanning for over 45 minutes, I'm at my wits' end.

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

I'm in the area you get to from the vent near the ceiiling (in a room with a bunch of plants on one side where you can enter through a crack in the glass wall). The tube drops me into an area with a super missile door immediately to my left (I don't have super missiles yet), and a room with computers and a glass cylinder directly ahead of me. From there, I go down a corridor with only one door, which leads to the "breeding room" (I think?). There's a dead scientist there and Samus says she "can sense a dark energy" there, but there's nothing else that I can find to scan or do in that area.

When I leave the breeding room, the door locks behind me (becomes red). From there, I go back down this corridor into the room with the super-missile door (which I still cannot open as I don't have super missiles), and the door into that computer room. I go into the computer room and there's now a metroid-looking creature in the cylinder. I go to first-person mode, scan + lock on and destroy the cylinder (and creature?). At this point, I'm totally stuck.

I can't find anything else to scan in this room, so I go back into the area I dropped into from the tube in the ceiiling. Still can't get through the super missile door, so I head back towards the breeding room (which is now locked), and I can't find any other ways to go there either. In the main area I dropped into, I look around and I can see two vents in the and one large shaft in the ceiiling, but there's no way to reach any of them. I'm totally stuck here - can't even make it back to a save point and I have no idea what I'm missing. Anyone know where I need to go or what I need to do next? Thanks in advance!!
#2Robo-KyPosted 8/31/2010 5:59:48 PM
Morph ball into the destroyed test tube. I think that's where you're at?
#3MeanGirlGamerPosted 8/31/2010 5:59:48 PM
Use morph ball and drop down the hole where the capsule you blew up is.
---
I am a girl.
If I correct you, please delete your post.
#4chaochaomanPosted 8/31/2010 6:00:13 PM
you have to go down the tube the metroid-looking thing was in.
---
Yeah he even has his own galaxy for him called the Glitchy Gimmick Galaxy. Screech04 on "Sonic in SMG2"
#5SpeedDemon46(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2010 6:02:30 PM
Wow... Yeah, I was missing something pretty dumb.

Thanks for the quick replies, all!!