Story Analysis: Why Other M Fails to Deliver. (SPOILERS)

#11Shah138Posted 9/8/2010 8:40:43 PM
*coughopinioncough*

kthxmaybebye
---
Eternal Guardian of the Metroid: Other M Board
There's something wrong... The animals... I can't hear any fish!
#12SirRegulusPosted 9/8/2010 8:41:46 PM
I'm incredibly impressed that you actually made it through all six without some jackass posting in between them for no reason.
#13Dark_LawlPosted 9/8/2010 8:43:31 PM
I'm incredibly impressed by that as well. That didn't go so well in the last topic of yours I saw.
#14Shah138Posted 9/8/2010 8:43:45 PM
I was planning on saying C-C-C-Combo Breaker but didn't
---
Eternal Guardian of the Metroid: Other M Board
There's something wrong... The animals... I can't hear any fish!
#15Distortoise(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2010 8:47:19 PM
I'm incredibly impressed by that as well. That didn't go so well in the last topic of yours I saw.

Where? I have never made a 1 shot analysis this long on GameFAQs before.
---
http://alangrantdesign.com
#16amazingmaoPosted 9/8/2010 8:56:26 PM
I don't know how, or why, or if Jesus himself had a hand in this
but you're absolutely right, spot on, hit the mark

there was, literally, NOTHING in that "plot" I liked, and i couldn't put a finger on any one thing that made me disliked it so much
turns out, it wasn't one thing, it was EVERYTHING, and you put that into words

man, they should hire you
not to write the story, but to screen theirs and rip it to shreds

you forgot one point though
Samus Aran, most fearsome bounty hunter of the entire galaxy, wearer of the most powerful armor known to exist, single handedly wiped out an entire species, decimated the space pirates, annihilated a whole planet, galactic federation's ace in the hole
...gets completely disabled by a single shot of some freezing bullet.....
oh, and then she cried...
and she's not even the Fusion Samus either, she has no weakness to cold

plot device, painfully obvious and extremely bad plot device

i judge anyone who thinks anything positive at all about the plot
---
Will Tony Stark survive Silent hill? What if Captain America in Resident Evil? What happens if Peter Parker stars in Fatal Frame?
(2 Person thinks Tony would)
#17bcorneliaPosted 9/8/2010 8:58:16 PM
This was a great read. Brought up a lot of things that hadn't occurred to me.
---
No one cares what you are currently playing.
#18Major GamerPosted 9/8/2010 9:00:49 PM
When Samus called the traitor "The Deleter", not only did I actually /facepalm, but I fully expected a DUN DUN DUN, after it just because of how unnecessarily cheesy it was. Thanks for bringing up the fact that at the end of the game, Samus never finds out who the Deleter was. I completely missed that bit.

As for Adam's supposed sacrifice to save Samus (as said in Fusion), I only had one thought going through my mind that entire cutscene, "...really?"

Regarding MB's plan, even Samus mentions that the Galactic Federation could just destroy the ship if they wanted to. Sending it into their space would be suicide. Finally, THERE IS A REASON THINGS YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CONTROL HAVE A BUILT IN WEAKNESS... DON'T REMOVE IT (not that it affected the game in any way). I died against the Metroid Queen simply because I was told 5 minutes earlier that fully grown metroids would be immune to ice. The ones she spit out of her back sure as hell looked fully grown... guess not.
---
My life for an edit button.
http://backloggery.com/majorgamer
#19amazingmaoPosted 9/8/2010 9:03:51 PM
^YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO USE POWER BOMBS

oh, you can use it now, did I not mention it to you?

WTF is this crap?
I died no less than 20 times at the end of metroid queen before looking up the FAQs
---
Will Tony Stark survive Silent hill? What if Captain America in Resident Evil? What happens if Peter Parker stars in Fatal Frame?
(2 Person thinks Tony would)
#20PhantomSwordPosted 9/8/2010 9:05:38 PM
@Unaided: No, they wouldn't have gotten through the door for a long time without Samus, nor would they have survived against the purple bug boss, Anthony wouldn't have lived against that recurring miniboss, James would've gotten closer to his goal without wasting time on Samus; etc.

Also:

Anthony is the white knight character. He fights for his friends and throws wisecracks around during boss battles. Being part of the military, he's used to death, and as such isn't emotionally invested in the deaths of his comrades. He is emotionally intelligent, however, as during the end scene, he doesn't say anything to Samus, yet mimics her previous thumbs-downs to Adam, knowing exactly what she was doing, which also shows that he pays close attention to his friends. This is especially notable since he hadn't seen Samus in a long time. He also seems to understand what her thumbs-down for Adam had meant when she was younger. He understands Samus profoundly, able to tell what she is thinking about. He looks back on things wondering what could have happened, evidenced when they leave the Bottle Ship. He has a certain flair for doing things - note that he tells Samus "Come on, Princess" at the end, despite having orders from Adam to begin with. Honestly, he just wanted the reaction. He is fully confident in Samus and her abilities.

I'd go through the rest for everything else wrong, but committing to post something is annoying, so I won't do that again. Maybe I'll look your post a bit more at some other time.
---
moonjuice7's sig. No touching.