Story Analysis: Why Other M Fails to Deliver. (SPOILERS)

#31Distortoise(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2010 10:29:33 PM
You know I don't exactly agree with your method of expressing an opinion, I don't find it very ethical or professional. But I will say this, I'm sorry that you did not like this game.

Opinions are best expressed with reason. It does nothing but harm to the overall standards of culture to simply excuse everything as being a matter of opinion with no judgment as to why something is good or bad.

And ethics? Am I being evil? I admit my writing is highly informal and I'm not a full time critic so you got me on the professionalism I guess, but I don't get what you mean by ethical.
---
http://alangrantdesign.com
#32Phoenixmon2Posted 9/8/2010 10:31:23 PM
Well thought out, completely sensible. I think this topic should be stickied!

I mean, good Lord. I really, REALLY want a reboot, a fresh start, for the Metroid series.
#33Total_9_WarriorPosted 9/8/2010 10:32:16 PM
Nevermind that, just keep posting your opinion. Just try to kick it down a notch..
---
Warriors?! Come out to PLAY-EE!
#34Dark_LawlPosted 9/8/2010 10:33:48 PM
There is a definite set "reality" in life. Shrugging things off by saying "opinion" all the time is abusive and gets no sort of justice ever done. Everything in life is an opinion, which is why we debate to find the reality. Be open to finding that reality, and be open to admitting what that reality is.
#35Total_9_WarriorPosted 9/8/2010 10:36:47 PM
"There is a definite set "reality" in life. Shrugging things off by saying "opinion" all the time is abusive and gets no sort of justice ever done. Everything in life is an opinion, which is why we debate to find the reality. Be open to finding that reality, and be open to admitting what that reality is."

If you're refurring to me. Thanks for the advice, but I'm fully aware of what "that reality" really is. I just think people can do it in a more civilized way is all.
---
Warriors?! Come out to PLAY-EE!
#36Shah138Posted 9/8/2010 10:40:21 PM
People on gamefaqs? Civilized? Does not compute....

Really though, reading through this all I see is a bunch of assumptions and over exaggerations. IMO of course. I'm prepared for all the hate posts from the haters while those posts have a bunch of assumptions and over exaggerations in them.
---
Eternal Guardian of the Metroid: Other M Board
There's something wrong... The animals... I can't hear any fish!
#37Distortoise(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2010 10:40:52 PM
I should point out that I wrote a paper on opinions as a whole and the role they play in culture, but I misplaced it. It was far longer than this.

As such, I'm not really going to get into that discussion in this topic. It's a retreaded issue with me to the point where I groan whenever I have to repeat it. The gist of it, however, is that criticism and analysis is integral; subjectivity is no shield to being right and wrong, as being right and wrong when discussing a creative, subjective medium has different meanings than if you are studying the color of an apple. It is through such conflicts that the "better" opinions are decided, and standards are born. It is how a painting like the Last Supper or a movie like The Room become iconic of the standard they each set.
---
http://alangrantdesign.com
#38Dark_LawlPosted 9/8/2010 10:41:02 PM
I wasn't referring to you, I was just getting the point across. I'm actually happy someone like you is around here who is open to discussion.
#39bcorneliaPosted 9/8/2010 10:43:07 PM
Really though, reading through this all I see is a bunch of assumptions and over exaggerations. IMO of course

If you don't elaborate, your opinion doesn't hold much weight.
---
No one cares what you are currently playing.
#40Phoenixmon2Posted 9/8/2010 10:43:14 PM

Really though, reading through this all I see is a bunch of assumptions and over exaggerations. IMO of course. I'm prepared for all the hate posts from the haters while those posts have a bunch of assumptions and over exaggerations in them.

All I ever see from you is a refusal to listen to the ideas of the "haters".