It's official Metroid isn't getting any official anniversery

#31edward18Posted 4/21/2012 9:22:02 AM
And it's not part of the Prime series.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#32MrPerson01Posted 4/21/2012 9:25:10 AM(edited)
And it's not part of the Prime series.

Oh Ed, you are so silly. Edit: Wait, exactly. Prime Hunters has nothing to do with Phazon. Prime is in there to signify it's a first person game.
#33manthony_HiggsPosted 4/21/2012 9:25:30 AM
Oh boy, ed is arguing again. Surely he is the most habitually varied person among us.
---
"Marriage is for roleplaying, and roleplaying is for desperately trying to save a marriage."~~AsbesdosMoth
#34edward18Posted 4/21/2012 9:26:19 AM
and this is probably why I will never have a girlfriend
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#35Big_IsaacPosted 4/21/2012 9:40:29 AM
it's beyond me why you are so stubborn over something as meaningless as a title

Metroid 1's plot was over, yet they called the 2nd game Metroid, too
Metroid 2'd plot was over, yet they called the 3rd game Metroid, too
Prime's plot is over, so why shouldn't they call the next one Prime, too?

Because it's over.

completely out of counter arguments, are you?

No they don't. Unless you have ice you're pretty much screwed against Zebesian Metroids.

the metroids in prime 1 are normal metroids without modification
the only difference between them and zebesian metrois is that those didn't grow up on SR388

so, your argument is basically that, because those metroids didn't grow up in their natural habitat, they suddenly find themselves vulnerable to beams and missiles

Metroids being only killable by freeze-shattering them is nothing but a gameplay mechanism. there can never be such a thing as "indestructible"
take a bunch of pebbles and throw them against a steel plate. eventually, you'll destroy the steel plate. it's simply physics. one missile might not kill a sector zero metroid, but load of them + power bombs + screw attacks will

the durability of everything has its limits

And she got the Ice Beam before going into Tourian.

missed the point entirely
the fact is, she went on a mission that even an army of GF troopers couldn't complete ALONE, armed with nothing but a weak power beam. that's suicidal
no less than going into Sector zero to proof Adam's thesis

And on Tallon IV they failed at that.

and in corruption, they succeeded

Because those aren't Zebesian Metroids in the Prime games.
And when was a Zebesian Metroid infused with Phazon?
Because they aren't Zebesian Metroids

explain to me what makes Zebesian Metroids so damn special
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (X/10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 8, VII: 5, VIII: 2, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 6, XII: 8
#36Shah138Posted 4/21/2012 9:47:58 AM(edited)

Meaning, if Samus went in there, shot them and shot them more, eventually they'd die
actually, screw shooting them. this would have been the perfect time to authorize the POWER BOMBS
sorry, but if a Power Bomb works on a Queen Metroid, I'm damn sure it'll blow the crap out of the larva forms, too

Wasn't it said that if enough damage was done to the inside then the station would detach and self destruct? I'm sure using the all powerful power bomb would get her trapped in there rather quickly, since there are two giant doors you need to pass to get out and those are locked and will not open.

the planet used to be the home of the Chozo, so there was reason to believe she could find upgrades there, but there were no guarantees.

The way the suit works allows it for a lot more than just Chozo things to be integrated. It's taken in Luminoth, GF, and Space Pirate things, so she's bound to find at least something helpful along the way.

Because the second game had Metroids in it
Because the third game had Metroids in it
All the Metroid games are going to have Metroid in it
Metroid Prime is called Metroid Prime because the main antagonist is an enemy called Metroid Prime(in one form or another). Metroid Prime does not exist anymore so there is no reason to call another game Metroid Prime. It'd be like if you called the next Prince of Persia game "Sands of Time" and they don't include the Sands at all. It would be weird and make no sense.
---
http://tinyurl.com/6gdhs6b | http://i.imgur.com/YI2us.jpg | http://tinyurl.com/6yke4f5 |
http://i.imgur.com/hLpyE.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/QNIhB.jpg
#37edward18Posted 4/21/2012 9:46:05 AM
it's beyond me why you are so stubborn over something as meaningless as a title

Because back then those were just games. Prime was a whole lot more than that and even the main series has more focus on story as of Super.

completely out of counter arguments, are you?

That's the only one needed.

the metroids in prime 1 are normal metroids without modification

But not Zebesian Metroids.

the only difference between them and zebesian metrois is that those didn't grow up on SR388

And aren't Zebesian Metroids. Prime 2 even flat-out has Metroids called Tallon Metroids.

so, your argument is basically that, because those metroids didn't grow up in their natural habitat, they suddenly find themselves vulnerable to beams and missiles

YES!

Metroids being only killable by freeze-shattering them is nothing but a gameplay mechanism. there can never be such a thing as "indestructible"

Except that it's not.

take a bunch of pebbles and throw them against a steel plate. eventually, you'll destroy the steel plate. it's simply physics. one missile might not kill a sector zero metroid, but load of them + power bombs + screw attacks will

Not missiles.

missed the point entirely
the fact is, she went on a mission that even an army of GF troopers couldn't complete ALONE, armed with nothing but a weak power beam. that's suicidal
no less than going into Sector zero to proof Adam's thesis

Hence why Adam went in. If Samus had been able to overpower him and go in herself she might be committing suicide. He states that she's the only one that can take on Ridley and the other threats.

and in corruption, they succeeded

Good for them.

explain to me what makes Zebesian Metroids so damn special

How's about you pay attention to the god damn games. Other M states that they're unfreezable, missiles don't do jack **** to them in Super or the original, and radiation of different planets affect them and warp their genetic structure hence why there are so many different varieties in 2/Fusion, 1/Super/Other M, and the Prime games!
---
#38Big_IsaacPosted 4/21/2012 10:03:07 AM
Except that it's not.

except it is
simply logic dictates that there simply cannot be something indestructible
the Freeze-shatter strategy is a very very cheap tactic. the reason why it was introduced is that the devs wanted to establish how powerful metroids are. i.e. it takes a strategy as cheap as freezing the enemy and the shattering it to defeat them quickly

it was necessary to make the metroids immune to all other weapons, otherwise it would have undermined their threat

btw, something I had completely forgotten:
what about the Baby, I wonder?
did Mother Brain have an ice beam I'm not aware of? I think not. so, how is it that Mother Brain could kill the baby so easily with standard attacks (not even deploying the hyper beam)?

call me crazy, but I dare say a barrage of Samus' super missiles and charged shots from her plasma beam is at LEAST as powerful as MB's shots. nevermind that the diffusion beam would spread the effect of her charged shots over a wider area, hitting several metroids at once.

also keep in mind that those fabled Zebesian Metroids you're so in love with are clones of the baby, i.e. they share all the same traits minus the vulnerability to ice, which never comes into play in Super's ending anyways
i.e. something not ice-related that can kill the baby, can kill the sector zero metroids as well
---
My FF ratings (X/10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 8, VII: 5, VIII: 2, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 6, XII: 8
#39edward18Posted 4/21/2012 10:06:51 AM
except it is
simply logic dictates that there simply cannot be something indestructible

Simple logic dictates a lot of things Metroid contradicts.

the Freeze-shatter strategy is a very very cheap tactic. the reason why it was introduced is that the devs wanted to establish how powerful metroids are. i.e. it takes a strategy as cheap as freezing the enemy and the shattering it to defeat them quickly

And whether or not you want to accept it, it's a story element.

btw, something I had completely forgotten:
what about the Baby, I wonder?
did Mother Brain have an ice beam I'm not aware of? I think not. so, how is it that Mother Brain could kill the baby so easily with standard attacks (not even deploying the hyper beam)?

Because she's the pinnacle of Chozo science.

also keep in mind that those fabled Zebesian Metroids you're so in love with are clones of the baby, i.e. they share all the same traits minus the vulnerability to ice, which never comes into play in Super's ending anyways

You have to freeze them before you can kill them in Super.

They're pretty much unstoppable if they're unfreezable Zebesian Metroids. Get over it.
---
#40Big_IsaacPosted 4/21/2012 10:18:30 AM
Because she's the pinnacle of Chozo science.

the power suit is the pinnacle of chozo technology as well
actually, scratch that

Mother Brain's body is not chozo tech. it's pirate technology, because they rebuild her after the first metroid game

You have to freeze them before you can kill them in Super.

They're pretty much unstoppable if they're unfreezable Zebesian Metroids. Get over it.

except Mother Brain didn't have to freeze the baby in order to kill it
unfreezable Zebesian Metroids are not unstoppable, as Mother Brain proved. get over it

all Samus has to do is match MB's fire power. given that she didn't even need the hyper beam to kill the baby, Super Missiles and Charges shots should more than suffice
---