Megaman ZX was a decent Metroid Substitute.

#21edward18Posted 9/20/2012 10:10:45 PM
well gameplay's not an issue here I don't think
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#22P4wn4g3Posted 9/20/2012 10:11:31 PM
No actually you wouldn't be able to do that because of texture limitations, unless you had a programmer that was exceptionally talented with memory management.
---
-=Official Gold Medalist of the Sex Board=-
#23edward18Posted 9/20/2012 10:14:35 PM
o_O gameplay's gameplay. Visuals shouldn't affect that. If they do then modify the scope of the level to make it do what you want. At least for 2D games.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#24P4wn4g3Posted 9/21/2012 1:46:37 AM
To an extent, graphics do affect gameplay. For example, the best minimap you get in 8 bit games are the ones in LoZ.
---
-=Official Gold Medalist of the Sex Board=-
#25edward18Posted 9/21/2012 7:31:42 AM
And if you make it 16 or 32 bit, just make the map bigger if you need to.
---
#26helldewPosted 9/21/2012 8:43:54 AM
i guess im not gonna leave the TC hanging... anyways

I liked ZX but honestly Zero kick the crow out of pretty much all the megamans. by far the best game play best level designs the music was crazy good (and those remixes holy bees). not to mention the style of gameplay was so tight with great responsive controls the atmosphere was bang on while the story was surprisingly decent and the characters loveable. And the graphic feels timeless while the art style in general looks incredible.

ZX was intresting and i enjoyed it was the zero games IMO are much better and less generic. ZX felt like they went a little to anime (i have no problem with anime) its just it feels like it had a lot less thought put into it and felt very battle network ish. i liked how the zero games took megaman and made it something entirely different. BN was awesome but the main sereies should steer clear of its territory.

as a sub for OM though yeah it was pretty good. castlevania was up there to.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#27NeoFalconHavok(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 3:11:40 PM
T be honest, I stayed away from the Zero series. He was already the main character of the X series, now they give him another one. Not to mention completely broke TvC.

Yeah, I hate Zero :P
---
Pii U, is that a new Pikmin game!?