I've seen a few people say they prefer this game to Metroid Prime . . .

#31P4wn4g3Posted 9/21/2012 6:31:03 PM
What, like Halo? I cringe to compare any game to Other M... but yeah actually, Halo is fast paced and single tracked. It has decent graphics, and these were much improved in Reach from what I've seen. I've decided to avoid Reach for the time being, lest I get sucked into some uber tourney with teh 1337 Halo crowd. Also I don't have a 360.
---
-=Official Gold Medalist of the Sex Board=-
#32sketchturnerPosted 9/22/2012 6:32:35 AM
RidleyTheOmega posted...
If that's the case, then it's proboably more due to you liking fast paced action games more than slow paced adventure games. I would try out some other action games more considered to be good and see how this game compares.

I love slow-paced adventure games, just depends on the game. Echoes is a slow-paced adventure game but a LOT more interesting to explore than Prime, IMO. Also, I have played plenty of action games but still consider Other M one of my favorites. It just suits my taste.
---
Favorite games: Body Harvest, Donkey Kong Country 2, Majora's Mask, MP2: Echoes, Other M, Rayman Origins, Shadow of the Colossus
#33Werndan101Posted 9/22/2012 7:35:24 AM
P4wn4g3 posted...
What, like Halo? I cringe to compare any game to Other M... but yeah actually, Halo is fast paced and single tracked. It has decent graphics, and these were much improved in Reach from what I've seen. I've decided to avoid Reach for the time being, lest I get sucked into some uber tourney with teh 1337 Halo crowd. Also I don't have a 360.

Halo...? How could you possibly draw that comparison?
---
Need help figuring out components for your gaming PC? Check this.
http://tinyurl.com/falconguide
#34NeoFalconHavokPosted 9/22/2012 2:11:46 PM
Fang289 posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...
Honestly, I know how to avoid using sensemove. And that's by not standing still waiting for something to hit me in the ass.

Lolk. Sense Move was engineered so a child throwing a tantrum could dodge any attack by mashing the D-Pad. Whether you can avoid using it or not isn't the issue here. It breaks the game more than Hyper-Mode does in Prime 3.

That wasn't even my point. But whatever. Metroid fans don't seem to care what any point is these days.
---
Pii U, is that a new Pikmin game!?
#35RidleyTheOmega(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 2:16:38 PM
NeoFalconHavok posted...
Fang289 posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...
Honestly, I know how to avoid using sensemove. And that's by not standing still waiting for something to hit me in the ass.

Lolk. Sense Move was engineered so a child throwing a tantrum could dodge any attack by mashing the D-Pad. Whether you can avoid using it or not isn't the issue here. It breaks the game more than Hyper-Mode does in Prime 3.

That wasn't even my point. But whatever. Metroid fans don't seem to care what any point is these days.

So why is Hypermode any worse? It has some strategy involved and has some variety too.
---
Ridley is awesome, don't deny it: http://i.imgur.com/ftGIe.jpg
Do you want Ridley playable in the next Smash Bros? Heck Yes: 53 Heck No: 15
#36Big_IsaacPosted 9/22/2012 2:31:09 PM
he's totally not me, btw. I don't even have any alts
isn't that right, Non-specific action figure?
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (X/10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 8, VII: 5, VIII: 2, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 6, XII: 8
#37Non-specific_AFPosted 9/22/2012 2:31:50 PM
That's right
---
Non-Specific Action Figure
#38Big_IsaacPosted 9/22/2012 2:35:30 PM
RidleyTheOmega posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...
Fang289 posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...

So why is Hypermode any worse? It has some strategy involved and has some variety too.

for starters, Hypermode has, LE GASP, a cost and time limit.
Sensemove on the other hand can be spammed until you're blue in the face with no consequence whatsoever
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (X/10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 8, VII: 5, VIII: 2, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 6, XII: 8
#39NeoFalconHavokPosted 9/22/2012 2:40:28 PM
RidleyTheOmega posted...

What strategy? Flipping it on and off to preserve energy? Because the overwhelming E-tanks I get ensures how pointless that is.

Enemies take forever to kill unless you go into Hyper Mode. IE the gameplay mechanic feels like it is being justified. Not to mention it makes bosses tedious in that you need to switch it on and off during fights when a weak point is exposed. Molger or w/e the hell it's name is was probably the most irritating in that you need to quickly switch it on and fire before it closes it's weak points. The window of opportunity is quite small. (And before anyone says, no this does not make the boss hard. Just long and arbitrary like every other Prime series boss fight.)
---
Pii U, is that a new Pikmin game!?
#40RidleyTheOmega(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 2:57:44 PM
I said why is it worse than Sense Move. Those complaints are valid(if a bit petty), but SM is a shallow and broken dodge move that takes zero skill or timing to execute and totally rips out any challenge the game might have had.
---
Ridley is awesome, don't deny it: http://i.imgur.com/ftGIe.jpg
Do you want Ridley playable in the next Smash Bros? Heck Yes: 53 Heck No: 15