Why do so many people love Fusion and hate Prime 3?

#1Hawke0Posted 2/1/2013 4:34:29 PM
Just wondering.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#2wiiking96Posted 2/1/2013 5:18:54 PM
People prefer the story of Fusion, and other don't like the Hypermode gameplay. Fusion plays mostly like previous games but with vastly superior controls and handling. They're both linear by Metroid standards, but Corruption is definitely more linear.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#3Werndan101Posted 2/1/2013 6:03:37 PM
Because Fusion wasn't attempting to get the Halo audience.
---
Need help figuring out components for your gaming PC? Check this.
http://tinyurl.com/falconguide
#4Phasmatis92Posted 2/1/2013 6:37:59 PM
Werndan101 posted...
Because Fusion wasn't attempting to get the Halo audience.

Neither was Prime 3 really, it had no multiplayer, and the kind of people who play Halo would't have had the patience for Prime 3's re-traversal and environmental puzzles.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#5edward18Posted 2/1/2013 6:41:40 PM
Cause Prime 3 killed any chance that the Prime series had of having anything to do with the main series. The story was bleh. There was way too little of backtracking and that that there was was boring.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#6Big_IsaacPosted 2/1/2013 7:13:51 PM
edward18 posted...
Cause Prime 3 killed any chance that the Prime series had of having anything to do with the main series. The story was bleh. There was way too little of backtracking and that that there was was boring.

how?
^I ask in the futile hope to get an answer that is based on reason and logic
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#7Phasmatis92Posted 2/1/2013 7:29:35 PM
edward18 posted...

I don't see how the story is any worse than games like Prime 2 or Super, and it beats the hell out of Other M. And backtracking is always boring, the less the better I say.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#8Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 7:31:00 PM
Isaac, don't even try. You can't fight illogic with logic.
@everyone I'm sorry, but you're all wrong. The only correct answer is "because Fusion was 2D".
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#9wiiking96Posted 2/1/2013 7:38:28 PM
Hawke0 posted...
@everyone I'm sorry, but you're all wrong. The only correct answer is "because Fusion was 2D".

Yeah, you sure refuted my post. -_-
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#10edward18Posted 2/1/2013 8:27:19 PM
I honestly don't know which is worse, Other M or Prime 3.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai