How many quests does it take to increase the affinity of a town one level?

#1FireDragoon18Posted 8/27/2011 4:58:57 PM
Just wondering if it's worth the effort.
---
"I believe the proper phrase here is, 'You Fail'"-Miles Edgeworth
#2578t7645uyb5Posted 8/27/2011 5:01:04 PM
Depends on the quest. But it'll take a long time, believe me. I've probably spent like 7 hours doing Colony 9 quests and I'm only at 3 stars. :/
---
PSN: MrZaff
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Nine Doors is one of the best games I've ever played.
#3FireDragoon18(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2011 5:01:44 PM
578t7645uyb5 posted...
Depends on the quest. But it'll take a long time, believe me. I've probably spent like 7 hours doing Colony 9 quests and I'm only at 3 stars. :/

Oh god. Are these 4th skill trees worth the effort?
---
#4ValinnePosted 8/27/2011 5:11:52 PM
I've got Shulks, Reyns, and Sharlas, and I'm on my way to get Melias. Shulk needed damn near 5 stars, but the others barely needed 3. It was just super annoying going up and down the entire Frontier Village so many times...
#5FireDragoon18(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2011 5:28:33 PM
Valinne posted...
I've got Shulks, Reyns, and Sharlas, and I'm on my way to get Melias. Shulk needed damn near 5 stars, but the others barely needed 3. It was just super annoying going up and down the entire Frontier Village so many times...

So are the skills in the skill trees good or no?
---
#6ValinnePosted 8/27/2011 5:32:35 PM
It depends, but at worst, there's at least one extremely good skill. Plus it gives you even more options for skill linking. I can't wait to put Sharla's +75 ether skill on Melia, for example. It's definitely worth it in the long run...since you DO have to learn them after, which takes no short amount of time.

In my experience, I'm actually focusing on getting these trees so quickly, because my characters are getting dangerously close to maxing their original 3 trees.
#7578t7645uyb5Posted 8/27/2011 5:53:45 PM
Have you collected any of the 5th skill trees yet?
---
PSN: MrZaff
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Nine Doors is one of the best games I've ever played.
#8CronoDynePosted 8/27/2011 7:06:16 PM
Remember, it's not just quests that raise the affinity level but affinity links as well. Go through the town and make sure to talk to each named NPC at least twice per affinity level.
---
When will people learn that "suitable for children" doesn't mean "for children"?
#9JolemePosted 8/27/2011 7:08:27 PM
CronoDyne posted...
Remember, it's not just quests that raise the affinity level but affinity links as well. Go through the town and make sure to talk to each named NPC at least twice per affinity level.

in other words, its like asking Mr. Owl how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop.......
#10ValinnePosted 8/27/2011 7:09:51 PM
I've burned through so many quests, I may as well try to get some 5th trees too. Some 4th trees have a noticeably lower SP requirement to master, such as Dunbans, so I'll be needing that 5th tree before long.

I've been cross referencing data from the game with the Japanese Wiki for help, since I can't find any info on skill trees anymore for some reason. If you need help, try peeking around for yourself.

Of course, it has HUGE spoilers:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fxenobladedata.web.fc2.com%2Findex.html