Mega heat questions

#1Nasu_no_YoichiPosted 9/21/2011 6:59:21 PM
I'm level 77 at the moment and its getting to the point where i can finally start making rank 6 gems, i still don't fully understand how to do it and its only happened once. i read the other threads on how to easily get them but it only usually results in just heat, is raising affinity between everyone the key and is it the first or second character that gets the help from other party members?
---
Currently playing: Xenoblade, Arc rise fantasia, CV: Curse of Darkness, TES: oblivion and Lord of arcana.
#2MAtt5TERPosted 9/21/2011 7:19:02 PM(edited)
A gem goes under HEAT when it reaches 200% and MEGA HEAT when it reaches 300%. Note that the game won't tell you the purity percentage after the gem goes past 200%.

To actually get to 300%, you need to start with a good pair of cylinders (2x ~+80%). Depending on who you select for the shooter than the engineer, gem crafting process can raise another ~70%. You then need to depend on party support for the rest of the way. The latter two depend on affinity.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#3Nasu_no_Yoichi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2011 7:41:42 PM
ok, also how can you tell when you go into a fever or whatever shulks crafting bonus is?
---
Currently playing: Xenoblade, Arc rise fantasia, CV: Curse of Darkness, TES: oblivion and Lord of arcana.
#4KiariyPosted 9/21/2011 7:47:18 PM
Fever -> the characters start jumping

Raise affinity between everyone. That will help in getting Heat and Mega-Heat, a lot. When affinity is very high, sometimes you can get Mega-Heat starting from 110% or something like that.
#5twylight777Posted 9/21/2011 7:53:57 PM
I got Reyn 1, Shulk 2 with a gem at about 150% and mega heat every time

it actually gets really easy to megaheat instead of harder, especially with max affinity.

You can megaheat off about anyone due to the party jumping in multiple times.
---
Extended warranties and Monster Cables are for the mathematically challenged.
#6y3kmanPosted 9/21/2011 8:24:19 PM
Shulk + Reyn should have no problems reaching Mega Heat if their affinity is high.

If you want to reach Mega Heat as often as possible, try isolating the stat you want and make cylinders with 90% or above. I usually use 7 + Riki as my cylinder crafters.

7 automatically starts with 3 cylinder gauges.
Riki is great with green flame.

Put 2 to 4 crystals with different stats and break them down with 7 and Riki.
Use the cylinders (with single stat) and craft the gem with Shulk + Reyn.
---
My aggression is composed of 10 grams of copper, 25 of zinc, 15 of nickel, 5 of shame, and 97 grams of pure malice.
#70SilverArk0Posted 9/21/2011 8:34:37 PM
With near max affinity for my shooter (Shulk) and engineer (Dunban) with the other party members, I can Mega Heat any gem 115%+.

You HAVE to use cylinders with only a single ability. I didn't really get gem crafting until I realized that you can't use mixed crystals if you want to Mega Heat.
---
Second mouse gets the cheese
#8Nasu_no_Yoichi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2011 8:53:22 PM
Wow, awesome info. i'll be trying this out soon... just need to raise a few more affinities.
---
#9twylight777Posted 9/22/2011 3:20:07 PM
I tend to break up a gem with 7 and someone with lame affinity

do that a few times to separate each skill into its own cylinder, start putting em together

it was very annoying early and mid game, then just easy starting around 60
---
Extended warranties and Monster Cables are for the mathematically challenged.
#10Nasu_no_Yoichi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2011 6:19:32 PM
i have very few people with heart affinity, im doing this completely from memory but i think the only hearts are: shulk w /reyn, sharla, 7 and sharla w/ melia. as far as my party track record goes i've only really used shulk, reyn, and sharla until i got 7 and the only reason melia is heart rank with sharla is for that friend quest.
---