The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Another way to beat Avalanche Abaasy (No Spoilers)

#1YuanreekPosted 9/18/2011 1:07:41 PM(edited)
First of all, english is not my mother tongue, so please, bear with me.

I managed to defeat the 120 dragon and man, I felt a great pride in doing it. Specially since I did it with a lvl 90 party. Thought I came to the obvious conclusion that it's the setup the only thing that matters, the lvl of the party doesn't counts.

After I beat Avalanche I started wandering all the areas to complete other quests and trolling everything in sight, so I started using 7th (me), the heropon and Dundun, a full tank team just for the lulz and killing some unique.

When I realized that 7th is THE BEST tank in the game, I thought: What if I can beat Avalanche with this exact party? After all, the three of them can pull the topple combo quite easily.

I went to the summit and engaged Avalanche. After 10-15 minutes I did manage to beat him. The phase of battle was quickier and even MORE chain-attack oriented.

So, if any of you are curious about the way to beat him without using Melia/Shulk/Dundun, here's the setup:

(They should be in this order)

7th (You MUST main her)

Weapon: Conviction Blades
Armor: Attack V Set with Speed V Frame (can be replaced, but I used this one) and Sedna Drones
Gems: Double Attack VI, Night Vision VI, Topple Plus VI, Agility Up VI, Haste VI (comes with the Speed V Frame), Unbeatable VI and Divine Protection VI/Debuff Resist VI
Needed Arts: Double Wind, Air Fang, Final Cross, Spear Blade

Heropon

Weapon: Comet Biter
Armor: Lancelot Set
Gems: Ether at 150, Haste VI, Night Vision VI, Unbeatable VI, Agility Up VI, Divine Protection VI/Debuff Resist VI
Needed Arts: Happy Happy, You Can Do It, Tantrum, Roly-Poly (In theory should work, but I haven't checked it)

Dundun

Weapon: Machina Blade II (I'm pretty sure there's a better weapon for Dundun, but this one is the best I have)
Armor: Rondine Set
Gems: Night Vision VI, Topple Plus VI, Agility Up VI, Haste VI, Unbeatable VI and Divine Protection VI/Debuff Resist VI (you can throw in some HP Up VI and Muscle Up VI if you want)
Needed Arts: Steel Strike and Soaring Tempest

Skill links:
Agility ones, reduced cooldown at night and ether ones for Riki.

Battle Strategy:
- As usual, you would like to start the battle with a full party gauge (or as close as it gets).
- Raise 7th's tension with Double Wind until she can use Final Cross.
- Use Speed Shift to raise the party gauge as quickly as possible.
- During a Chain Attack you should use the following arts:

+ Air Fang (Final Cross won't inflict Topple here, so don't bother using it at first)
+ Tantrum
+ Steel Strike
+ Final Cross (either way, you won't be inflicting Topple on the Dragon)
+ Riki can't follow-up, so he should use Happy Happy (I've just remembered that Riki has Roly-Poly, in theory it should work, but I haven't checked that possibility).
+ Use attack arts as extra damage.

- As soon as you exit the Chain-Attack phase you should have 1/3 or 2/3 (if you're lucky) of the Party Gauge. Use Sword Drones X as soon as the talent art's gauge is full.
- Raise Hell.
- Repeat until the Dragon is dead.
- Leave.

I know there's an inmense room to improve this strategy 'n' all, but I wanted to share it with you guys. With this setup in mind you could also replace Dundun with Reyn, but I have yet to try it.

If Roly-Poly is indeed a viable option to inflict Topple for Riki, he should be placed at Third in the Battle Party, to use a second Topple-Attack and finally 7th use Final Cross. But I must check that.

Don't remember who said it, but really, this game it's flexible enough to let you make an almost random party and be able to succeed with it.

Thoughts?
#2ChronuxPosted 9/18/2011 12:48:32 PM
Just curious, is topple / daze the only way to win?

Cant you just go in with the best gear etc, and outheal / outlast him?

Im not good with doing the break - topple - daze chain... was wondering if you can win without it.
#3Yuanreek(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2011 1:10:59 PM
Chronux posted...
Cant you just go in with the best gear etc, and outheal / outlast him?

Im not good with doing the break - topple - daze chain... was wondering if you can win without it.

As far as I know, no. The topple combo is the safest way to win. The Dragon ditches too much damage very quickly, and inflicting Topple is the best way to keep it at bay while you kill it.

You should start practicing the break+topple combo, it works wonders.
#4Cody900Posted 9/18/2011 1:16:40 PM
Gems are most of it, so you should be able to do it pretty much as soon as you're able to get the V gems to make VI.

Good job.
#5glan20Posted 9/18/2011 1:50:38 PM
Just wondering, from which monsters can you get Unbeatable or Divine Protection ether gems (V)? I keep dying from the Dragon's instant death spike the moment I hit it.
---
You're wasting your precious time reading this signature!
#6Cody900Posted 9/18/2011 1:51:24 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_US&key=0Anx12MiCQejudHJfUWhOTGd5Wm1uS25ub2FDeE5BekE&hl=en_US&f=true&gid=18
#7BhadowKnightPosted 9/18/2011 1:54:44 PM
Yuanreek posted...

7th (You MUST main her)

Who is 7th? Is it Melia? Or is it the other girl. (I think you can guess who I mean)
#8glan20Posted 9/18/2011 2:01:11 PM
^

If you don't know who 7th is (by the other girl, do you mean Sharla?), you shouldn't be asking; it's gonna get your game ruined.
---
You're wasting your precious time reading this signature!
#9BhadowKnightPosted 9/18/2011 2:03:53 PM
glan20 posted...
^

If you don't know who 7th is (by the other girl, do you mean Sharla?), you shouldn't be asking; it's gonna get your game ruined.

Nope not Sharla and thanks for warning me :)
#10BooferbyPosted 9/18/2011 2:24:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]