lv 120 Avalanche Abaasy without topple/chain attacks/nightvision

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles
  3. lv 120 Avalanche Abaasy without topple/chain attacks/nightvision
4 years ago#1
This may sound a bit crazy, but the "without nightvision" was an accident : )
Just wanted to see if it was possible.
I didn't manage to beat him on my first playthrough, so I tried on my second playthrough, with 380 affinity coins available or so.
I used Melia, Shulk and Seven.
When I finally managed to get the right weather for him to appear, I forgot to equip the night vision gems, but I tried anyway.
I summoned bolt twice, then kept using earth, ice and fire to slowly remove his hp while trying to survive.
I was really close to being wiped out several times, and at the end of the battle, my party gauge was completely empty, everyone had below 1500 hp, and I got a vision that he was going to do his nice fire attack and kill everyone.
About 2 seconds before he managed to use it, he finally died from the poison/chill/burn damage and i was literally trembling with excitement, one of my best video game battles ever : )
That fight lasted for 12 game-hours, so about 12 minutes I think?
I will probably fight him once more, With the night vision gems this time, it should be a bit easier.
4 years ago#2
It took 8 game hours with nightvision (still without topple/chain attacks), still a fun fight though. To bad I'm done with the game now ...*sob*
4 years ago#3
Yeah it's definitely doable without the night vision... especially where Dunban is concerned. But NV just makes it that little bit easier.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles
  3. lv 120 Avalanche Abaasy without topple/chain attacks/nightvision

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived