lv 120 Avalanche Abaasy without topple/chain attacks/nightvision

#1Zeruel_82Posted 11/27/2011 5:43:04 AM
This may sound a bit crazy, but the "without nightvision" was an accident : )
Just wanted to see if it was possible.
I didn't manage to beat him on my first playthrough, so I tried on my second playthrough, with 380 affinity coins available or so.
I used Melia, Shulk and Seven.
When I finally managed to get the right weather for him to appear, I forgot to equip the night vision gems, but I tried anyway.
I summoned bolt twice, then kept using earth, ice and fire to slowly remove his hp while trying to survive.
I was really close to being wiped out several times, and at the end of the battle, my party gauge was completely empty, everyone had below 1500 hp, and I got a vision that he was going to do his nice fire attack and kill everyone.
About 2 seconds before he managed to use it, he finally died from the poison/chill/burn damage and i was literally trembling with excitement, one of my best video game battles ever : )
That fight lasted for 12 game-hours, so about 12 minutes I think?
I will probably fight him once more, With the night vision gems this time, it should be a bit easier.
#2Zeruel_82(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2011 1:14:40 PM
It took 8 game hours with nightvision (still without topple/chain attacks), still a fun fight though. To bad I'm done with the game now ...*sob*
#3FalrothPosted 11/27/2011 8:22:11 PM
Yeah it's definitely doable without the night vision... especially where Dunban is concerned. But NV just makes it that little bit easier.