The US release will probably only have limited quanities, right?

#1yoshiforeverPosted 12/2/2011 7:46:45 PM
I wonder should buy two copies of the game and sell the other copy later for a profit?
---
Call Of Duty Clan: 7mil
GamerTag:HITTLICKK23
#2SakurafanboyPosted 12/2/2011 7:54:21 PM
I'm pre-ordering 2, so I can send one to a friend. :3 I doubt it'll be limited though, they know there's a huge demand for it.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#3yoshiforever(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2011 7:57:51 PM
Right, but I figured it would be limited because I heard it would only be sold at gamestop and nintendo directly.
---
Call Of Duty Clan: 7mil
GamerTag:HITTLICKK23
#4Super SlashPosted 12/2/2011 7:59:12 PM
It might not sell well to begin with because most people who wanted to play it have probably imported it by now.
#5TalesOfStarOceaPosted 12/2/2011 8:06:13 PM
Uhm if it's being localized by Nintendo and NOT just a collection/re-release (such as metroid prime collection or Mario All stars) then I don't see it being such a limited release. From what I hear though it's an awesome game, and if you're a collector then it's probably worth having a second sealed copy anyway but I don't think it will be a particularly rare game. Though then again, it is coming out rather late in the wii's cycle, still though I can't imagine it becoming like the metroid prime trilogy collection in terms of rarity.
---
The challenge is to stay reasonable
#6NarutoPosted 12/3/2011 1:05:42 AM
yoshiforever posted...
I wonder should buy two copies of the game and sell the other copy later for a profit?

I will be buying this game for $20 in a few months.
#7AmphaxPosted 12/3/2011 5:55:30 PM
Hmmm, that's an idea I hadn't even thought of.

Metroid Prime Trilogy is selling for $135 new on Amazon, and Skyward Sword Collector's Edition is selling for $118. This one definitely has the potential to increase in value a few months after purchase.

Probably better than buying stocks :-/
---
Amphax, Ampharos with an ax
II Timothy 4:22-The Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.
#8GentleIdealistPosted 12/3/2011 6:01:10 PM
Yes, you should buy as many copies as you can afford. Take out a loan if you can. I am sure it will payoff when I'm playing The Las-err, I mean when you are making mad profits on ebay.
---
http://oprainfall.freeforums.org
http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/
#9archonjiggzPosted 12/3/2011 6:53:12 PM
metroid prime collector's edition is a rare example of a game, a super limited one time release that's a special collection of older games redone for a new console(and it was expensive in the first place anyways). and zelda collector's edition resells well right now, but it's not exactly cheap to begin with. i doubt this game will be reselling super well in a few years, just look at other jrpgs like lost odyssey or tales of vesperia, both of them are very good jrpgs but you can pick them up at the bargain bin anywhere for like 5 bucks.

so buy the one game you want to play but don't buy more than that, the age of games like panzer dragoon saga shooting up in value is behind us. things that were collectable and rare in the past tend to not be the same in the present, because people have learned they can have value and try to cash in on it. just look at beany babies, star wars figures or baseball cards. all of these exploded in value after their main release. then people tried to step in foolishly thinking it would happen again only to be left with a trunk full of worthless bean filled animals. a few exceptions of course apply but its pretty much impossible to predict what will be the next big hot reseller. cause if it were easy to predict then everyone would do it and then they wouldn't end up being worth much.
#10Dragon NexusPosted 12/3/2011 7:29:03 PM
Tales of Vesperia in Europe had the same issue. Single print run of so many copies, after which you couldn't find them *anywhere*.

Only reason ebay prices dropped was because it hit Games on Demand for download.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."