Romance?

#1EurAsianGirlPosted 1/30/2012 3:34:30 PM
Is there any romance in this game?

I keep hearing that there's an affinity system where you bond with the other characters and it allows you to do team attacks. Does it also give you multiple endings/scenes where you're paired with the character that you have the highest affinity with or is it purely for battle only?
---
JRPG lover and not ashamed of it
Avid fan of the Grandia and Lunar series.
#2squirrel99Posted 1/30/2012 4:18:29 PM
No multiple endings, but there are romantic parts of the (single, pre-scripted) story.
#3GwendalPosted 1/31/2012 12:36:41 PM
Does it also give you multiple endings/scenes where you're paired with the character that you have the highest affinity with or is it purely for battle only?

It's mostly for battle, but having a higher affinity with various characters also allows you to see some optional scenes involving them. And as already mentioned, any romance is part of the main story.
---
Currently playing:
Xenoblade, Gabriel Knight 3
#4digitalwill2000Posted 1/31/2012 2:33:45 PM
This is what I dont rrally like about JRPG, a lot of the time their stories are built on romance but they never follow through with it. They may show the 'journey', i.e characters show they like each other, but the writers seem to be to scared to take it further, I've yet to play an RPG where two characters have expressed their feelings and actually take time to show their romance blossom.

Western RPGs tho, holy cow its the complete opposite, they cant help but make EVERYONE fall in love with EVERYONE, its even worse than JRPG because they feel the need to have some cringe-worthy romance that doesnt even make sense if two characters so much as look at each other
---
326 Karma Losses and counting
#5NotChris_HansenPosted 1/31/2012 2:47:22 PM
This game has

*spoilers*

a great kiss scene.
#6nonexistingheroPosted 1/31/2012 3:00:38 PM
I don't really thought it was great. The romance was handled pretty well until... the focus went to someone else entirely, just when something good was developing.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#7nonexistingheroPosted 1/31/2012 3:00:39 PM
I don't really thought it was great. The romance was handled pretty well until... the focus went to someone else entirely, just when something good was developing.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8Big_IsaacPosted 1/31/2012 3:43:50 PM
NotChris_Hansen posted...
This game has

*spoilers*

a great kiss scene.

2, actually. that other one in the heart, if you know what I mean :P
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (X/10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 8, VII: 5, VIII: 2, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 6, XII: 8
#9orcus_snakePosted 1/31/2012 5:37:05 PM
dammit, beat me to it.
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
#10SuperShadowmanPosted 2/1/2012 1:42:14 AM
This is what I dont rrally like about JRPG, a lot of the time their stories are built on romance but they never follow through with it. They may show the 'journey', i.e characters show they like each other, but the writers seem to be to scared to take it further, I've yet to play an RPG where two characters have expressed their feelings and actually take time to show their romance blossom.

FFVIII?

This game has less romance and more touching moments, really. I find the latter to be fresher, there are too many generic love stories around.
---
What I have to say is far too important to fit in a simple textbox with a 160 character limit... Plus, I just wasted more than half of them by writing that!