Why does this game bring Wrpg hate?

#116vriversPosted 4/5/2012 8:37:05 AM
No offense but everytime I see a wrpg topic or someone mentions a that this game is like a wrpg fans need to bash wrpgs like they are poision and see that jrpgs are always original. Also I'm not trying to defend wrpgs but there are some good ones that I like and some of them don't follow same pattern. Its fine if you don't like wrpgs but waste time and bash it. Though I am just wondering why the hate.
---
3ds FC: 2664-2448-5760,
PSN:Vrivers
#2kylemcauliffe15Posted 4/5/2012 8:39:43 AM
The same reason why people bother to "hate" other forms of interactive entertainment. It's best to ignore in the end.
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#3Steel_ShadowsPosted 4/5/2012 8:42:04 AM
I have a feeling I would love a game like Amalur if WRPGs didn't spend so much time focusing on quantity over quality. You have over a hundred sidequests and thousands of combinations of ingredients! But most of them aren't worth writing home about. Skyrim was fun for a while, but then you slowly start to realize that every sidequest is almost exactly the same damn thing with few variations. Plus, I find extensive loot systems boring.
---
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.
#4DragoonGriffithPosted 4/5/2012 8:44:09 AM
I love both. There are just as many good games , as there are bad games on each side.
#5TYPEV3Posted 4/5/2012 9:07:28 AM
"Why does this game bring Wrpg hate?"

Same reason that WRPGs bring JRPG hate.
---
CURRENTLY PLAYING | Mass Effect 3
#6PhadinPosted 4/5/2012 9:11:35 AM
differeng styles that have a tendancey to clash.

I have hope that Dragon's Dogma might see a more positive merging of the two types of RPGs. We'll see though.
#7MidgardDragon99Posted 4/5/2012 8:29:15 PM
It does? That's strange, if anything this game made me like WRPG's more for the fact that the influences WRPG's had on it are actually good this time around. Typically when WRPG's influence JRPG's we end up with crappy watered down JRPG's. This time around we got the full influence of both JRPG and WRPG to make for a truly impressive step forward.
#8Scion_MachinaPosted 4/11/2012 3:59:44 PM
I agree with TYPEV3,WE didn't start this flame war,Bioware did !!!!!
---
Let this be a lesson kids. When debating,solve your disagreements not with words but by screaming,"I am a man!!!!" and punching them in the gut.
#9DragoonGriffithPosted 4/11/2012 4:01:53 PM
The only WRPGs I bash are Skyrim and Oblivion. Nothing more, and nothing less. I wouldn't do it, if people wouldn't mention it all the ******* time.
#10Bishop_SasaraiPosted 4/11/2012 4:14:54 PM
The only WRPG company to bash is Bioware, for thinking they own the RPG genre and for starting the whole nonsensical "JRPGs suck, they can't do anything we can do". Too bad they can't make Mass Effect appeal to me in any sense, from the setting to the characters to the battle system.

I have no problems with Bethesda or...well...anyone else, really. Though I didn't like Fallout 3.

While I prefer JRPGs, there definitely are WRPGs out there that I want to play, like Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. And Skyrim one day, though I don't think I have the time for a game which some people have spent 400 hours on...
---
Fellow gamers...PSN ID is HarmoniaVictor.