Darn it! My Wii will not read the disk.

#1Joehop007Posted 4/7/2012 10:54:43 AM
*sigh* Looks like I'll have to send my Wii to Nintendo to repair it. Probably because the game is a dual-layered disk. Happened to SSBB in the past, I sure hope it wouldn't happen for this game but unfortunately now I do not have an option. Many will then say that, "why not play it on an emulator?" My computer is not strong enough. It can barely play an N64 emulator!
---
Most anticipated game for this year: Xenoblade Chronicles - Wii
PSN: Josef93_
#2ApplepiemanPosted 4/7/2012 10:57:37 AM
Have a similar problem, I just eject the disc and put it in over and over until it finally works.
#3Protoman_X38Posted 4/7/2012 11:00:11 AM
did you guys both experience strange issues before playing Xenoblade? I have one of the first Wiis but I never had issues playing SSBB, just played that last night actually. I'm hoping this game will work....
---
http://i.minus.com/ibyp8mPjN.gif
#4YoYoLeFtToRiTePosted 4/7/2012 11:02:12 AM
Seems to be happening to a lot of people. I think I may have the same issue later on as well. Right before the game loads after I click on the screen to start the game, "Reading disk" pops up. I'm like, damnit. It's going to happen.
#5Neo_PortaPottyPosted 4/7/2012 11:04:04 AM
While i cant gO into specifics due to site polcies there are very easy ways to play your game without needing the disc in the wii google is your friend
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#6Joehop007(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2012 11:07:52 AM
Neo_PortaPotty posted...
While i cant gO into specifics due to site polcies there are very easy ways to play your game without needing the disc in the wii google is your friend

PM me what you know. Or send an email to me at wickedarcaddict@gmail.com
---
Most anticipated game for this year: Xenoblade Chronicles - Wii
PSN: Josef93_
#7jasonb619Posted 4/7/2012 11:19:48 AM

I had same issue, but I turned the disk upside down and it worked.. or maybe right side up? lol it had been so long since I played wii I didn't know which way it was supposed to go.

#8The Blob2000Posted 4/7/2012 12:21:30 PM
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Seems to be happening to a lot of people. I think I may have the same issue later on as well. Right before the game loads after I click on the screen to start the game, "Reading disk" pops up. I'm like, damnit. It's going to happen.

Is it not normal for the "reading disc" to show? Because I see that too.
---
Women just want to take your money and eat all your raisin bread.
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
#9roos1046 RebornPosted 4/7/2012 12:22:09 PM

Have a similar problem, I just eject the disc and put it in over and over until it finally works.

that sounds kinda HAWT
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#10Mayor_MacCreadyPosted 4/7/2012 12:30:10 PM
I made a post regarding this issue and how to fix it yourself in another thread. Basically, 90% chance your lens is just dirty and you can clean it yourself. No need to send it to nintendo and wait weeks to get your machine back. I'll just copy and paste my entire post....

It would more than likely solve the problem. However, IMO it's unnecessary to spend money and time waiting for it to ship (AFAIK they're not sold in stores anymore.) It''s rather easy to disassemble the outer case of the wii yourself to expose the lens so you can clean it with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. All you need is a set of very small screwdrivers (I got mine at Lowe's for $3.98), you need a flathead and Phillips head. Some will tell you that you have to have a tri-wing screwdriver for the tri-wing screws but they can be very easily removed with just a flathead screwdriver. You can google directions to show you where the screws are located.

I'm surprised more people don't do this. I always see people saying you have to send it away to nintendo for repairs, buy the expensive cleaning kit, or I've even seen someone say the problem can't even be fixed. All seems like an awful waste when you can fix it yourself in 20 minutes with some q-tips, rubbing alcohol, couple of micro-screwdrivers and the Google.