I really wanna buy that Xenoblade bundle with the classic controller pro. But...

#1culture_denPosted 4/23/2012 9:18:35 AM
I'm wondering if anyone else has purchased it from Nintendo's online store in America? If they know what the box looks like, what's included and if it's just the standard Xenoblade game with case, manual and disc next to a classic controller pro or if there's any missing items.

Just curious since while I'm interested in getting Xenoblade, I'm also very curious in finding out how well the classic controller pro plays since I haven't tried it before.

Anyone here bought one from Nintendo's US store? Can perhaps post pictures of it or so?
---
When life gives you melons, you make melonade.
#2DragonLord150Posted 4/23/2012 10:11:52 AM
What it includes is, The game[Case and all] and the Controller. The only thing I have gotten that was like that was "Monster Hunter Tri". It is just a Bigger Box with your Game and Controller.

As for Classic Controller Pro it is like using a Gamecube controller for the most part. For "MH-3"[Tri] it was like playing the PSP MH games. Xenoblades I only play with the CCP so I would not know the difference. XD
---
"Remember: a team of hunters is only as good as the guy you can kill three times." -mazereon
#3SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/23/2012 10:53:27 AM
Classic Controller is pretty much exactly like a Dual Shock/360 controller except AFIK none of the buttons are analog and the sticks don't double as buttons.
#4acangialPosted 4/23/2012 11:02:28 AM
Whatever you do, make sure to get the classic controller pro. Playing with Wii mote and nun-chuck is virtually non-playable. Classic Controller Pro is as good as the XBOX 360 and PS3 controller.
---
Chuck Norris brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks. - www.chucknorrisfacts.com
#5culture_den(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 11:12:10 AM
^ ^ In all my other topics about Xenoblade throughout various forums, no one has complained about the wiimote and nunchuck combination, is this true? Is it really "non-playable" and perhaps a bit of a hassle?
---
#6what_is_my_namePosted 4/23/2012 11:14:44 AM
I guess if you really train yourself to use wiimote and nunchuck then you won't find too much of a problem.

I gave up and use CCP tho.
---
MH3 ID: Nameless - EJ1PGD
Playing Xenoblade Chronicles
#7acangialPosted 4/23/2012 11:15:47 AM
culture_den posted...
^ ^ In all my other topics about Xenoblade throughout various forums, no one has complained about the wiimote and nunchuck combination, is this true? Is it really "non-playable" and perhaps a bit of a hassle?

In my experience thus far, yes; and I like the Wiimote and nunchuck in many other games like RE4 and Mario Galaxy games. For Xenoblade I tried with Wiimote and nunchuck from the get, not even realizing the classic controller/pro was even an option. The whole time I am saying to myself how sucky the experience was and there had to be a better way to control the main character. Then I read the manual and saw that the classic controller could be used and haven't turned back.
---
Chuck Norris brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks. - www.chucknorrisfacts.com
#8culture_den(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2012 6:41:00 AM
Oh I see...
---
#9goonermxPosted 4/24/2012 8:34:31 AM
I got my CCP when I bought MHTri, and I am very glad I did. Honestly the controls for this game are complicated enough with the CCP, if I was using waggle controls I really think I would have been annoyed pretty quickly.
#10sentoworfPosted 4/24/2012 8:40:33 AM
The wiimote and nunchuk aren't that bad once you figure out how to control the camera in battle. People don't take the time to get used to their controls. I am halfway through the game and there is no problem.