I Really Hate RPGs That Don't Even Let You Open Friggin' Doors in Towns

#1dj_sarahPosted 4/28/2012 11:50:41 AM
Just got this game and I must admit I'm feeling quite disappointed with it so far. Wandering around towns and exploring nooks and crannies is usually one of my favorite pastimes in an RPG. In Colony 9, however, there is absolutely no sense of mystery (as in Skyward Sword). I was shocked to discover that you can't even enter buildings in the town!

Walking around is just TEDIOUS and the camera control is abysmal. There is this pervading sense that there are no secret places to explore. These never-ending side quests are astoundingly boring, without the least spark of creativity or interesting bits to embellish the NPC's background stories. It's just: "I lost a key to get in my house". "Got it back, thanks". Really?

I just started the game, mind you, but please tell me it gets better than this?
#2dj_sarah(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 11:53:55 AM
Edit: Wandering around the main town in Skyward Sword, and very fun to explore. Not so in this game (Unless it gets better later).
#3marcusferrarezPosted 4/28/2012 11:56:14 AM
So go play The legend of Puzzle Skycrap Sword -_-
#4masa8munePosted 4/28/2012 11:56:22 AM
you...just started the game.
just skip the sideqeusts.

-xenoblade story is only 50+ hours.
-xenoblade story with sidequests is about 120+hours.

so skip the stuff you dont like.

also it gets waaaayyyy better.
---
rumors about bleach getting cancelled.
hope its just a rumor....
#5quietisgoodPosted 4/28/2012 11:58:03 AM
there is absolutely no sense of mystery (as in Skyward Sword)

wtfamireading.jpg
#6MegagunstarmanPosted 4/28/2012 11:58:40 AM
marcusferrarez posted...
So go play The legend of Puzzle Skycrap Sword -_-

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/19/0c6e8a83-42fa-437f-9254-d008fd115b6b.jpg
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#7dj_sarah(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 12:03:09 PM
Already beat it, Marcus.
#8MegagunstarmanPosted 4/28/2012 12:08:16 PM
Some of the NPCs do have interesting stories that you see through the side quests. However, most of the side quests are boring and are really only there for a rep grind.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#9DarkSoldierX99Posted 4/28/2012 12:30:36 PM
How about don't be so closed minded and just play the game. How the hell can someone judge a game's worth especially an rpg by saying "I'm not that far in" My answer is get further into the game before complaining because you have no idea what you're talking about yet. I guarentee whatever you think this game is, it's not, it's actually something you've never seen before and I can say that because I already beat it.
---
Gas, grass, or ass nobody rides free.
#10zeik56Posted 4/28/2012 12:33:46 PM
Why should you even be allowed to randomly barge into people's houses uninvited in the first place? I know it's an RPG trope, but it's a kind of stupid one.

Anyway, the actual named NPC quests tend to be a little more interesting than the random nameless NPC quests. But the focus of this game is definitely not the sidequests, there may be a lot, but they're just a diversion. If that's what you're looking for play Skyrim, this game is about Shulk's quest and exploring the world.

Walking around should rarely be "tedious" since you can instantly warp to landmarks. With the exception of the first time you enter an area you'll spend little time actually walking directly from place to place.
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin.
I'm going to follow him home.....kill his whole family.
~ Space Ghost