The First Time I Called BS On the Plot(Spoilers in Galahad Fort.)

#1Scion_MachinaPosted 4/29/2012 10:50:12 AM
When Shulk decided to spare Mumkhar from Dunban's ever so righteous and justified wrath,I was yelling at the screen thinking that this is over-cliched and poorly done considering the context of the story. Even if Mumkhar was a Homs,even then in the Battle of Sword Valley,he proved to be a real piece of **** excuse of one who nobody and I mean NOBODY would mourn.

This scene is ever made more painfully pointless when you realize all Shulk really did was delay Mumkhar's inevitable demise. Now don't get me wrong,the rest of the game is awesome but this is something that has been bothering me for a while and I wanted to see other people's take on this. Am I the only one who feels this way about this scene in the game?
---
Let this be a lesson kids. When debating,solve your disagreements not with words but by screaming,"I am a man!!!!" and punching them in the gut.
#2MarioLinkGenofaPosted 4/29/2012 10:55:49 AM
I honestly agree, Dunban was totally justified when he went after Mumkhar.
---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
#3MegagunstarmanPosted 4/29/2012 11:01:29 AM
Scion_Machina posted...
Am I the only one who feels this way about this scene in the game?

No.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#4Lelouch71Posted 4/29/2012 11:03:07 AM
Oh I agree. This is the only time I wanted to punch Shulk in the game. Mumkhar deserve to die for all the crap he pulled. It doesn't matter if he was a homs or not. He attack the colony and "killed" Fiora. I don't get why they couldn't just let Dunban or Shulk finish him off if he just going to die anyway.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
#5ExternicaPosted 4/29/2012 11:15:21 AM
There were many complains about this back in the day, when XBC was all shiny and new in Europe. :)
So, yes, it seems to be very common for everyone who played XBC to call this scene BS, as you call it.

Well, Mumkhar gets killed either way, even though I expected him to return. I mean, for some reason I thought his boss battle was anti-climatic.
Then again, I was overleveled at that time... I still expected him to return...
#6TimbermawPosted 4/29/2012 11:15:30 AM
Yeah the whole mumkhar thing got old after a while and this scene was totally unneeded.
---
Gamer Entitlement analyst, PhD.
#7Scion_Machina(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 11:23:50 AM
I'd think I'd much rather fight Xord 10 tens again rather than deal with Mumkhar. At least Xord had the illusion of being a potentially well-written character.
---
Let this be a lesson kids. When debating,solve your disagreements not with words but by screaming,"I am a man!!!!" and punching them in the gut.
#8Scion_Machina(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 11:26:45 AM
On another note,if this was the main character from a game I have been working on as concepts,he would've shot Mumkhar in the face repeatedly even after whilst hearing that sad sack's pleas to stop. And he would've laughed like a mother ****ing boss!!!!!
---
#9GrieverendPosted 4/29/2012 11:38:47 AM
Well frustration aside, i believe this scene was on par with the one when he forgives egil, maintaining his dignity-humanity intact is what gives him the right to save fiora later on, since she could very well be another mumkahr if she didnt make contact with shulk. And while i too was somewhat perplexed at this dillema (avenge her and lose the right to save her or forgive him and save her with a clear conscience) i was happy to see once again the saying ''karma's a b***h'', ring true.
#10Scion_Machina(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 11:50:41 AM
But that's the thing,Egil has more dimensions to his character than Mumkhar would EVER hope to achieve. So it is easier to forgive Egil who has had his complicated but in context somewhat understandable reasons for him doing what he did as opposed to Mumkhar's"I hate how the world screws me over so I'll just kill everybody!!!" reasoning. And no,Fiora would never be like Mumkhar as she was a saint and had Meyneth on her side. And what loss of conscience is there to be lost when killing a murdering sociopath who is in it for a serial killer-style glory? It would be more like doing your civic duty to kill scum like him.
---