So what's the deal with all the love for #4 tank?

#1SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/30/2012 6:36:14 AM
He's atrocious if the enemy is 2+ levels higher than you. So he's pretty much only good in situations where you don't even really need a tank in the first place.
---
Before you judge me as a graphics whore for my opinion on Xenoblade, keep in mind my favorite game is Dwarf Fortress. Both are great games with bad graphics.
#2MegagunstarmanPosted 4/30/2012 6:49:01 AM
Stay calm. Stay focused.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#3Sinfullyvannila(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 6:54:50 AM
+1 internets to you sir.
---
Before you judge me as a graphics whore for my opinion on Xenoblade, keep in mind my favorite game is Dwarf Fortress. Both are great games with bad graphics.
#4NextE100Posted 4/30/2012 8:20:53 AM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
He's atrocious if the enemy is 2+ levels higher than you. So he's pretty much only good in situations where you don't even really need a tank in the first place.

My party is level 63 right now, and I find that he's gotten a LOT better recently. Since it's actually possible now to use his "naked" qualifier skills. I've equipped him with creams/gels for the hands (0 weight), and light armor on legs, head, and feet. Though the weight of these last three adds up to 3 total, his skill that lowers the weight of your armor by 5 makes it so that he's essentially "naked" for the purposes of qualifying for the skills (or so I've read). These skills are key - the one boosts his agility by 30% (!) and the other increases aggro a lot. To round him out, any defense slots I had left that weren't agility gems (you don't need many since it caps at 50), I put into Ether Defense gems. This is his only real weakness for me, since you can't dodge ether attacks.

At this point for me, he regularly dodges attacks from yellow UMs, and anything above that I don't fight.

Him, Shulk, and Seven are an absolute wrecking machine, and a LOT of fun to play as a group going through Mechonis Field. I know #5's damage output is probably higher in the long haul, and she's critical for much higher level mobs, but she's just too cumbersome for most of the story portion. You have to control her for her to be effective, and it's such a chore to use her properly (summon, summon, summon, discharge, summon, discharge....etc etc). Just really boring. Almost as bad as controlling Sharla.
#5the_rowanPosted 4/30/2012 8:34:40 AM
I wouldn't bother with going naked because eventually you get stuff like Unbeatable VI and Debuff Resist VI which beat the agility bonus by a mile. But what you do need to know is that Serene Heart is godly.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#6weirdkidno1Posted 4/30/2012 8:56:13 AM
Dat handicap sword style.... :D
---
Emergency. Induction. Port. :)
Long Live FBSI
#7foo1239Posted 4/30/2012 1:36:07 PM
Serene Heart is god. It makes him dodge basically everything from yellow monsters
#8nonexistingheroPosted 4/30/2012 1:47:13 PM
Don't focus on defense. Focus on agility. He'll dodge far more attacks than #2 can take.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#9Sinfullyvannila(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 2:13:44 PM
Nah I tried that. He still dies far more than Reyn. Heck, I almost never even have to heal Reyn.
---
#10nonexistingheroPosted 4/30/2012 2:15:36 PM
Then you may be doing something wrong. My #4 made Reyn look like this b****.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.