Alright so, the ending (Obvious massive spoilers)

#1NicoGrimmPosted 4/30/2012 4:12:12 PM
Do I have this right?

The game is technically set on Future Earth? Except that Zanza activated some device on his spaceship and transformed it into the world from this game?
I'm uhh still trying to comprehend what happened exactly.
---
You're all alone friend. Pick up the phone then ring ring call 'em up, tell 'em about the new trends!
#2Cookie BagPosted 4/30/2012 4:15:55 PM(edited)
They were humans working on recreating the big bang from what i understood from that scene, meyneth was against it kinda because it could blow everything up, but klaus (zanza) didn't care, he was too blind with greed and everything bad every bad character has, and decided to go with it, and boom, universe was wiped out, and mechonis commanded by meyneth and bionis commanded by zanza were created, they were like **** i'm bored, and created all the living and mechanical beings you know.

Then zanza went delusional, wanted to kill meyneth, and he got locked out by the high entia.

Oh and Alvis was whatever god forsaken computer that was given time seeing powers for whatever reason, and he created/became the monado and from that everything came to be.
---
Xenoblade Chronicles, y u end :<
#3NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 4:17:35 PM(edited)
So, does that mean that Meyneth was an android?
Since, Alvis said they created their worlds in their image, right?

..also, Alvis is a computer.

This is by far the most out of nowhere ending I have ever seen. But... it actually WORKS.

Edit: I still dont understand how the High Entia were able to overpower Zanza. I mean, they're technically his servants, right?
---
You're all alone friend. Pick up the phone then ring ring call 'em up, tell 'em about the new trends!
#4Gameandwatch2Posted 4/30/2012 4:21:25 PM
Zanza already knew the future and thus allowed himself to be imprisoned, since he stated he was weakened after fighting Meyneth, and needed time to recover anyways.
#5ZendaikPosted 4/30/2012 4:46:42 PM(edited)
Zanza just let the High Entia imprison him on purpose since he needed time to rest and he saw a future where Shulk would eventually come and release him.
---
Monster Hunter Tri ID: Kirolos
#6Cookie BagPosted 4/30/2012 4:54:18 PM

So, does that mean that Meyneth was an android?
Since, Alvis said they created their worlds in their image, right?

..also, Alvis is a computer.

This is by far the most out of nowhere ending I have ever seen. But... it actually WORKS.

Edit: I still dont understand how the High Entia were able to overpower Zanza. I mean, they're technically his servants, right?

IMO it would've made sense if zanza was mechonis, and meyneth bionis, and switching good/evil roles, but that would've made it too simple.
---
Xenoblade Chronicles, y u end :<
#7MegagunstarmanPosted 4/30/2012 5:05:47 PM
According to Alvis, Zanza just wanted friends and he went emo because he thought people would forget about him.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#8AshernedPosted 4/30/2012 6:23:35 PM
It's just like Mass Effect 3's ending, really.

The Catalyst is kind of like a combination of Zanza and Alvis. Egil and the Mechon are Harbinger and the Reapers (but in this case, imagine the Reapers were trying to fight the Catalyst).

I didn't like Xenoblade's ending, but at least it had closure.
#9foo1239Posted 4/30/2012 9:00:57 PM
I like what they did with Alvis. An efficient program is a program that does as little as possible to accomplish its goal. Alvis was a phase transition program, meaning his one and only job was to recreate the universe. Alvis nudged Shulk just enough to get him to that final confrontation. Alvis saves you from Metal face after your party is exhausted from the confrontation with Xord. Alvis saves you from the first Telethia you meet, and "gives" you the Monado ability to beat them, aptly name Purge. Alvis saves you when Meyneth's power gives out and your about to fall to your death. Lastly he gives you the will to go on after Dickson shoots you. He literally does just barely enough to keep you alive, and nothing more. He is striving towards an outcome, and does as little as possible to accomplish his goal, but in the end still ends up succeeding
#10MidgardDragon99Posted 5/5/2012 1:31:29 AM
Asherned posted...
It's just like Mass Effect 3's ending, really.

No. Just because you don't understand this ending enough to enjoy it with the rest of the world, you cannot pull out of left field BS that isn't even true to "prove" your point.