Wouldn't it be nice if there was an 8th character that was a... *major spoilers*

#1KarakasaPosted 4/30/2012 6:49:55 PM
...Machina? Kallian made a point of how the party was made up of Homs, Nopon, and High Entia, but at the end of the game, you never have any Machina in the party. Sure there's Fiora who represents Mechonis because she has Meyneth in her and is part Mechon, but she's still Homs. Though I'm not sure what roles there'd be left to fill for an eight character though.
#2Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/30/2012 6:53:04 PM
To be fair, Melia is also half-Homs. Riki is pretty much the only party member that isn't in some way a Homs.
#3ignasia7Posted 4/30/2012 6:53:23 PM
When you unfold the full story you will realize why this wouldn't fit the context of the story.
---
Campaign for PT in US: http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/ ==>> Two down, one to go.
PSO2 = Sexy Awesome Beast of a Game!
#4MegagunstarmanPosted 4/30/2012 6:54:11 PM
Karakasa posted...
Though I'm not sure what roles there'd be left to fill for an eight character though.

Second healer. Linada would fill that pretty well.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#5Karakasa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 7:03:36 PM
ignasia7 posted...
When you unfold the full story you will realize why this wouldn't fit the context of the story.

Full story? I'm in the Bionis' Interior. Am I still missing something?
#6SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/30/2012 7:04:34 PM
Karakasa posted...
ignasia7 posted...

Yep.
---
Before you judge me as a graphics whore for my opinion on Xenoblade, keep in mind my favorite game is Dwarf Fortress. Both are great games with bad graphics.
#7ZacTysonPosted 4/30/2012 10:35:49 PM
Karakasa posted...
ignasia7 posted...

Yes.. You haven't even finished the game yet!
---
dezmomo || We're dezmomos!
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon B/W Boards
#8nugroPosted 5/1/2012 7:44:46 AM
ignasia7 posted...

Umm I've finished the game, and I don't see why not.
#9nonexistingheroPosted 5/1/2012 9:24:19 AM
Yeah, I don't see why it wouldn't fit either.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#10Karakasa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 3:08:59 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Karakasa posted...
ignasia7 posted...

Yep.

I just finished the game and still don't see what I'm missing.

Anyways, I noticed that in Vanea's concept art, she had a whip (http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Vanea)-- which she obviously doesn't have in the final version of the game. So perhaps she was originally intended as a party member, but then became simply a major story NPC along development... probably because having an eighth character would mean just that much more work.

Either way, if it was Vanea or some other Machina -- perhaps in some hypothetical special edition remake (kinda like what they do with Tales games like Vesperia) -- it would be pretty neat if she was a mage-like character designed to draw aggro away. For example, the talent art would be creating a hologram spawned from a floating drone. One skill would force the enemy to force its attacks on the hologram until it disperses, making for a great alternative vision breaker to Shulk. Couple that with high ether defense and anti-ether skills, and that could at least make a unique niche compared to the other characters.

I wouldn't have Linada, or at least have her as a medic, because Sharla completely dominates that role in all forms, and many characters have a healing skill. Also she kinda has some story role being there as a doctor. Vanea does nothing except for giving you the Replica Monado quests... something that can be easily passed to Miqol or Linada.

Story-wise, she (and I say "she" just to keep the male-female balance equal) could come in after the destruction of the Mechonis so that it'd at least make sense running around with her doing quests and stuff. Such a late entry would also make NG+ more important to get all the skills and affinities down.