ugh...i like xenosaga as a series a whole lot more

#1bluemagic221Posted 4/30/2012 7:36:07 PM
Xenoblade was good don't get me wrong but I just didn't get the epicness feeling out of it. I mean, it was "epic" but not...not like xenosaga epic.
#2columboisdeadPosted 4/30/2012 8:07:33 PM
to me its

xenogears > xenoblade > xenosaga

but all three are great games besides xenosaga 2 which is only ok.
---
I like big, plump, perky, breasts from KFC
#3CyricsServantPosted 4/30/2012 8:25:56 PM
petar falk rules posted...
xenogears > xenoblade > xenosaga

Ditto

but all three are great games besides xenosaga 2 which is only ok.

I liked 2 a lot more than 1, but it was way too short and the changes to the character models and VAs were extremely annoying.
---
You sound like republican cowboy, "i hate you opinion on zelda, i shoot you." - TyrantSandwich
#4columboisdeadPosted 4/30/2012 8:27:41 PM
i liked 1 better than 2 but 3 was better than both combined.
---
I like big, plump, perky, breasts from KFC
#5CyricsServantPosted 4/30/2012 8:36:48 PM
I'll agree with that!

The first one though almost made me quit. I only kept playing because I bought the first two games cheap at the same time. I think the things I didn't like about it were

- Shion
- The generic battle system (2 tried something original and strategic, and 3 was just a really refined, great system)
- It felt to dependent on Gears... in some ways almost like a reimagining.
- A little too pretentious with the pointless refrences to Christianity... it felt like it was just trying to be edgy.
- Some of the "reveals" are alluded to hours before hand... it seemed like they were trying to stretch the story thin so they could pump out as many games as possible, ala .Hack.

The other two games were pretty solid though, especially the third.
---
You sound like republican cowboy, "i hate you opinion on zelda, i shoot you." - TyrantSandwich
#6foo1239Posted 4/30/2012 9:03:41 PM
This game didn't try very hard to hide some of its "reveals" sure they were surprising if you don't play these kind of games, but they were still obvious. It did do a good job at concealing the most important plot twists, but for the smaller ones, it kinda didn't try
#7GorillaGDPosted 4/30/2012 9:29:32 PM
Xenoblade isn't even supposed to be related to the other games.
#8DragoonGriffithPosted 4/30/2012 11:05:54 PM
I get annoyed when people talk about how Xenosaga's story is sooooo much better than Xenoblade's, when the execution is one of the worst I've ever seen in any video game. Granted, that has a lot to do with it being cut from a 6 game series to only 3, but still...

The story itself IS better than Xenoblade (in theory), but by the 3rd game the saga became so full of itself. It's the poster child for prepotentious pseudo-philosophical drivel.

Also, I couldn't care less for Shion. I truly dislike her through the whole series.

Xenogears, on the other hand, is fortunate to be one game. I actually like the 2nd disc, and the story only gets better on it IMO. Someone may call me a hypocrite for this, but thought it was way better handled than Saga.

I'm happy that Xenoblade took the easy route, and delivered a story that isn't overly complicated.

*equips flame shield and readies his lance*
#9weirdkidno1Posted 4/30/2012 11:23:05 PM
Eh I barely liked Xenosaga to begin with. First day I played it I decided to return it. That and virtual quest >_>
---
Emergency. Induction. Port. :)
Long Live FBSI
#10Breastmilkn_DipPosted 5/1/2012 12:34:20 AM

From: DragoonGriffith | Posted: 5/1/2012 7:05:54 AM | #008
The story itself IS better than Xenoblade

Don't believe you. Prove it.

---
lysa_tully.nom