Much of a difference between playing with a classic controller and a cc pro?

#1vague_bondsPosted 5/14/2012 1:46:34 AM
Is there really any difference between playing this game with a regular classic controller and a classic controller pro? I don't know if I want to buy a classic controller pro for just this one game.

And I don't know if the ccp plays well with a bunch of other games like the virtual console titles, you know SNES, N64 games like Paper Mario, Majora's Mask, etc etc. To justify whether I should make it a full usage type purchase.
---
When we take action to avenge the ones we love, we become judge, jury, AND FURY.
#2Ansem_the_evilPosted 5/14/2012 2:08:16 AM
ccp feels a lot better to use then the old crumy clasic controller and works for all games that the old classic works for
---
My Platinum Friend Code: Rei: 0259-7929-8267
My Phantasy star zero FC: Yoko: 2107 0626 7157
#3vague_bonds(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 10:57:02 AM
Of course that's not to mention the fact that I'm wondering if this controller is worth buying for the other games from project's rainfall. Like, if Last story and pandora's Tower use the CCP and play wonderfully because of it. I just don't know if I should get all my ducks in a row...
---
When we take action to avenge the ones we love, we become judge, jury, AND FURY.
#4Seal64Posted 5/14/2012 11:57:38 AM
CC(Pro) for TLS - yes
CC(Pro) for PT - no

Pandora's Tower is actually designed to be played with Wiimote + Nunchuk, since you need to take aim when firing the chain - and you'll need to do this fast and accurately. It can still be played with the CC(Pro) if you want to, but I think it's not the best way to play it. TLS, like XBC, does exactly squat with any of the motion controls offered by the Wiimote/Nunchuk combo, so it really doesn't matter what you use there.

As for the difference, I'd say CC Pro all the way. It's more comfortable to hold and it's also great for any VC games you might have. Hardware-wise, the only real difference is the loss of two analogue shoulder buttons - those are digital on the CC Pro. Then again, I don't know of any games that actually used that feature.
#5vague_bonds(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 12:29:41 PM
Two analogue shoulder buttons? What? What are those?
---
#6vague_bonds(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 1:33:49 AM
hello?
---
#7vague_bonds(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2012 10:52:05 AM
I just don't understand what you mean by digital.
---
#8Felicia_catladyPosted 5/16/2012 12:40:00 PM
The analogue buttons are basically pressure-sensitive buttons. This means that, the harder you press it, the more intense the action will be. But I don't think any Wii game used it. I know some PS2 games used this feature, but its rare and, to be honest, cumbersome.

The digital buttons aren't pressure-sensitive. This means that they only register two functions: pressed and not pressed.
---
Marcy.
:3
#9KarakasaPosted 5/16/2012 12:43:18 PM
analog means something continuous.

digital means something very discrete (1, 2, 3, etc.)

An analog clock has continuously rotates, while a digital clock changes with each minute or a second.

An analog stick has different sensitivities depending on how far you push it (walking vs running in platform games), and it has a wide range of direction (or at least I think it does). A digital pad (d-pad for sure) only has 8 directions, and it's either on or off.