FINALLY beat the game, questions now. *spoilers*

#1KirynTheClericPosted 5/29/2012 4:49:19 PM
Just want to say first that this is one of the best games I've played in the past ten years. I love it so much. Now, questions:

1. What were problems with the ending that people were having? I stayed away from those topics because this game made me care about spoilers, but the ending made sense to me, one of the better video game endings I've seen.

2. How would you guys feel about a sequel (done right of course, not the typical "good game has a crappy sequel" scenario that's all too common)? I want to explore the new world...

3. Regarding the NG+, around 3/4 of the way through my playthrough, I discovered NG+ transfers your level... I was planning on overleveling my characters for my second playthrough by doing as many quests as I can as soon as I get them. I wasn't wanting to end up having an end game range level though so there's still SOME slight challenge, but this time I'd be able to make any party combination work simply due to the level/dodge mechanics. Now that my high level characters will be transferred if I decide to do a NG+, there will be even less challenge than before (to the point of bosses being beaten very quickly). So my question: Should I still do a NG+? I'm guessing so since there wouldn't have been much challenge anyways and I get to carry stuff over.

Also, I thought your character relationships/town affinity transferred too (read somewhere they did), then once I got to the NG+ tutorial, it said they didn't. Noooooo! I don't want to build that stuff up again... ;_;
---
Mods saying pokemon reproduction topics aren't related to the game is like saying theory-talk isn't allowed, and yet theory-talk IS allowed. Hmm, go figure...
#2RaveltGloryPosted 5/29/2012 4:57:17 PM
Most endling problems came from people who were illiterate and deaf.
#3runaway_angelsPosted 5/29/2012 5:05:18 PM
2. YES. I want one of the areas to be Bionis' Shoulder. Since the ending said something about Bionis/Mechonis blew or something...Bionis' Shoulder should be a part that broke off of the mainland and maybe you can swim there :D Or maybe they should make a prequel, to explain about the High Entia....and the Giants....and the Machina people....and in-depth stuff from the others on their perspective. Like how you got to control Melia and do that tomb stuff. Maybe in the prequel you can control Mumkhar and see what's really happening and learn more about Egil's ideas and "evil" plans and stuff. Or they explain how they came up with Face mechon, and how they somehow got Fiora's body, when she died at Colony 9..... Ya know those kind of loopholes in XB should be explained in either prequel or sequel.
---
-------------------------
ZEN-O-BU-REI-DO. BEST GAME EVAR. 'NUFF SAID.
#4LuciusFTWPosted 5/29/2012 7:58:11 PM
I think Xenoblade fits better as a standalone title, though I really liked Alvis and Vanea for some reason (not that reason) and would like to play as them just for fun.
---
http://pi.ytmnd.com/
#5Lelouch71Posted 5/29/2012 8:47:20 PM
As much as I love Xenoblade, I think it's better as a stand alone game. I wouldn't mind seeing Monolith taking some of the ideas they had from Xenoblade and transferring that to a new game. That aside, I would want to see Baten Kaitos 3 first.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
#6mx_703Posted 5/29/2012 11:38:02 PM
2) I thought the new world was just that colony and a large ocean. I did see a bit of the bionis stick out of the ocean (if i remember correctly), but it seemed they did not colonize it yet.
---
PSN & MGO:mx703, AriZona XLink: mx_703
#7Harvest-TyPosted 5/30/2012 2:26:44 AM
mx_703 posted...
2) I thought the new world was just that colony and a large ocean. I did see a bit of the bionis stick out of the ocean (if i remember correctly), but it seemed they did not colonize it yet.

No there was more. First off, thet didn't show us the whole colony which could mean it was connected to a greater land mass and second, Dunban mentions a colony 4 while in discussion with others.
#8KirynTheCleric(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 7:15:48 AM
He said District 4 actually, dunno if that means another colony or just a section of Colony 9.
---
Mods saying pokemon reproduction topics aren't related to the game is like saying theory-talk isn't allowed, and yet theory-talk IS allowed. Hmm, go figure...
#9omegafixPosted 5/30/2012 7:53:08 AM
when Shulk creates the new world you can clearly see a spherical mass being built around the remains of the Bionis so its clearly a ALL NEW plantet with colony nine and probobly other existing landmarks added to the new planet, Reyn even asks about why is the water salty, meaning its a new world
#10HeyWheresKelPosted 5/30/2012 11:25:21 AM
Tales of Symphonia was a great game. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World was horrible.

Golden Sun and GS: TLA were great. Dark Dawn was horrible.

Final Fantasy X was a great game. FFX-2 was horrible.

You see a pattern here? Xenoblade does NOT need a sequel, no matter how much you think it does.
---
"First, a joke. What do you get when you cross an owl with a bungie cord? .....................................My ass. Nyeeah ha! Ha ha!" Master Betty