Melia's trick...

#1BoneyardrejectPosted 6/19/2012 10:26:32 PM
How do I get the other people to not attack the monster? They keep waking it up once i use hhypnotize....
#2Soul59Posted 6/19/2012 10:29:36 PM
Press up quick so the run icon pops up and spam a nonstop.
---
He who fights and runs away, lives to not have the f****** moon fall on him as an alternative - Tacitus
#3Boneyardreject(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 10:31:25 PM
That cycles through lure and discharge, even when that thing is coming at me!
#4Soul59Posted 6/19/2012 10:37:13 PM
Hypnotize it, then while the animation is going or whatever go up to the run icon....

That's how I was doing it for a while with the CCP.
---
He who fights and runs away, lives to not have the f****** moon fall on him as an alternative - Tacitus
#5VaenirPosted 6/19/2012 11:26:46 PM
There's a party command that tells your party members to stop attacking and gather next to you.
#6Boneyardreject(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2012 12:01:02 AM
Here is my problem:

If I use lure, the game for some reason doesn't let me change the party command with the right trigger. I press the right bumper, cycle to the enemy, use lure, and all this time I am not allowed to press RT to change the tactics to "come to me"

If I just target the monkey from a distance and initiate battle, I can use the party tactics command, but my guys end up pulling all 3 enemies in the group.

What typically happens is I lure him, start backing up to the spot, then hypnotize him, and then my guys wake him up and my push fails. And all this time I cant change party tactics OR run because I initiated the battle by luring.

Can someone who has done it recently and remembers all the steps exactly run me through this? I was trying it for about half to no avail...

Thanks.
#7Boneyardreject(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2012 12:56:38 AM
anyone?
#8shadowreaper7Posted 6/20/2012 1:16:47 AM
Target it, select the attack icon, immeadiatly keep the target locked and press down on the D-pad. (I use mote and nunchuck so i apologise if its different.
This is the... "Come to me"? command. Either way it works so that they'll gather next to you and won't fight.

Just like targetting and pressing B causes them to engage as necessary
Or targetting and Pressing A causes them to focus on the targetted enemy.

That should solve your problem.
---
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out!
Don't Fear the Reaper
#9Boneyardreject(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2012 1:30:34 AM
Wow, you confused me. I use the classic controller...
As far as I know there is only one way to attack an enemy, which is target and press the central icon with the crossed monados to initiate battle, at which point everyone attacks. If you go down from the central icon, its lure(if you havent been spotted) and run(if you're in battle)

The way battle behavior is set is by holding RT and pressing down on the cross, which is "come to me" or something, and it shows up on the right side of the screen.
Its in the same place that the camera controls are when you press LT, and cannot be selected unless you've started throwing punches around.

Have I missed something?
#10shadowreaper7Posted 6/20/2012 3:20:34 AM
Boneyardreject posted...
Wow, you confused me. I use the classic controller...
As far as I know there is only one way to attack an enemy, which is target and press the central icon with the crossed monados to initiate battle, at which point everyone attacks. If you go down from the central icon, its lure(if you havent been spotted) and run(if you're in battle)

The way battle behavior is set is by holding RT and pressing down on the cross, which is "come to me" or something, and it shows up on the right side of the screen.
Its in the same place that the camera controls are when you press LT, and cannot be selected unless you've started throwing punches around.

Have I missed something?

Use the "Come to me" command and it should drag the party members back towards you and should stand by you and do sweet F'all.

This is the method i've used and its worked fine so far.

If this doesn't work i apologise i wasn't of any help.
---
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out!
Don't Fear the Reaper