is there a reason nintendo failed to advertise this game??/

#1kayoticdreamzPosted 8/17/2012 11:08:22 PM
I am curious if anyone knows is there a reason nintendo flat out refused to advertise this game or give it a chance? same with TLS? and is there any reason nintendo refuses to give pandoras tower a chance in hell?

it really makes no sense. xenoblade is easily the swan song and crowning achievement of what the wii can do. and could easily of sold a few million copies but i just cant figure out why nintendo is so stupid as to not advertise the game.
#2Thanatos2kPosted 8/17/2012 11:13:28 PM
You haven't figured out that Nintendo of America has no idea what they're doing?
---
-Thanatos2k-
#3sentoworfPosted 8/18/2012 12:34:21 AM
Let's not forget Fatal Frame
---
Esta es mi firma
#4iMURDAuPosted 8/18/2012 2:23:29 AM
It was advertised mostly on the web. I saw banners here and on ign as well as a few other sites.
---
"Stupid beast! Your body can't take any more of the Monado! I can tell just by looking at you!"
-Xenoblade quote you don't wanna use in the bedroom-
#5kazeginPosted 8/18/2012 4:13:09 AM
Thanatos2k posted...
You haven't figured out that Nintendo of America has no idea what they're doing?

I'm not sure if it's only NoA's problem... I didn't see any advertisement in Europe as well. It kinda feels like they want their good games to fail whereas there are tons of advertisement for the crappy ones.
#6Hated_DarknessPosted 8/18/2012 4:35:25 AM
The short answer is that it's a non-Pokemon JRPG in an absolutely horrible time for JRPG sales in general on a console from a company whose software line ups haven't really been known for catering to people who like non-Pokemon JRPGs since the SNES era. (That's about as short as I could make it.)

They probably figured that since it's such a niche genre now, with the exception of a few big name series, that the people who like it are fanatical and starved for games like it enough that they'll know about it for the most part, but that there's little prospect of building an outside audience and bringing them to the game through a large advertising campaign.
---
Impossible is just a word. The reality is in fact far more horrifying.
#7gorgonseyePosted 8/18/2012 11:42:28 AM
Hated_Darkness posted...

They probably figured that since it's such a niche genre now, with the exception of a few big name series, that the people who like it are fanatical and starved for games like it enough that they'll know about it for the most part, but that there's little prospect of building an outside audience and bringing them to the game through a large advertising campaign.

They've definitely put it in the Battalion Wars/Fire Emblem space where those who are going to get it probably are going to know about it, especially because it took Gamespot (for Xenoblade) and Xseed (for the Last Story) to even get them in North America; however, if they had been developed earlier (around Monster Hunter Tri), I think they would've put more effort into advertising. It's just that NOA had already given up on the Wii with the Wii U so close.

Fatal Frame was different - NOA/NOE weren't going to release the buggy version but weren't going to pay them to fix it either. *sigh*
#8ignasia7Posted 8/18/2012 1:19:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9Thanatos2kPosted 8/18/2012 7:17:32 PM
Online Advertising is more targeted and cheaper.

But not as effective.

Did you view all the ads on the page? Don't look up to the top, and see if you can remember what banner ad is up there.

Or do you have an ad blocker and never saw it at all?
---
-Thanatos2k-
#10ignasia7Posted 8/18/2012 7:58:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]