Manly Tier list

#1metalmonstarPosted 10/4/2012 6:30:00 PM
Top Tier
Dunban - Born in a world of strife, against the odds, he chooses to fight. If that isn't manly I don't know what is. Also he uses a katana which is one of the manliest weapons of all time. He is also cool enough to own everyone with his left arm. He also doesn't have time for small fry, like a total boss. He also makes Blossom Dance sound manly.

Riki- He is 40 years old with a totally hot wife and 11 kids. He is a true father. That is pretty manly. He also doesn't die from battles; he just gets too hungry to fight.

Reyn- Reyn is so manly that he has his own time. Also it is always Reyn time. Reyn is a true tank even looks the part in heavy armor, and tanks are pretty manly last I checked. Reyn has never met an opponent that poses a challenge, they are all a bunch of jokers. Reyn is also too cool to care if someone already has a boyfriend or not. If Reyn sees a girl he likes, he gets the girl. That is pretty hardcore right there.

Mid Tier
Seven- Can't say too much cause that would be spoilers. Just trust me when I say seven is pretty manually. Even the number itself is manly

Low Tier
Shulk - Pretty unmanly. Has to compensate all over the place. Spends way too much time talking about his monado. He just screams insecure. Speaking of screaming, Shulk does a ton of it. He is also fairly whiney. Not to mention, he looks like a girl. I swear some of his headgear looks a tiara.

Sharla - I am almost considering putting her above Shulk. She doesn't whine nearly as much. She does however complain about not getting enough showers. She also goes on about love and "GIRL POWER." You know she doesn't go to the bathroom alone. Definitely girly. Being a sniper does give her some manly points, only to be taken away for being the healer.

SO UNMANLY Tier
Melia- Do I even need to explain. Never been touched by a man. In fact she crys about it for days. She uses words like "PoppyCock" and "Brute," completely unmanly. She blushes and hides whenever she stumbles across a cute boy. She is so modest, caring, shy, reserved, and argumentative. If you looked up unmanly in a Thesaurus Melia would be a synonym.
#2Randomness097Posted 10/4/2012 8:07:56 PM
Melly hit bad guy in face begs to differ.
#3MottmanPosted 10/4/2012 8:15:55 PM
Dunban apparently cries in front of his sister.

Just saying.
---
My name is Mottman, and I approve this message.
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Xenoblade Chronicles
#4Hero_DunbanPosted 10/4/2012 8:42:36 PM
10/10, would definitely read again.

You should've gone with your instinct and put Sharla above Shulk. I mean, before he acquired the Monado, Reyn had to essentially act as a bodyguard. A goddamn bodyguard. Not being able to venture outside of your town without your burly friend there to act as protector is the height of unmanliness. Also, he doesn't open his mouth to eat.

AND he couldn't tell that Fiora wanted him in the pants; v. unmanly.

AND he *spoilers* stopped Dunban from killing Metal Face for arbitrary reasons. v. v. unmanly.
---
Let's press on.
#5SSj7CloudSPosted 10/4/2012 10:50:56 PM
Hero_Dunban posted...
10/10, would definitely read again.

You should've gone with your instinct and put Sharla above Shulk. I mean, before he acquired the Monado, Reyn had to essentially act as a bodyguard. A goddamn bodyguard. Not being able to venture outside of your town without your burly friend there to act as protector is the height of unmanliness. Also, he doesn't open his mouth to eat.

AND he couldn't tell that Fiora wanted him in the pants; v. unmanly.

AND he *spoilers* stopped Dunban from killing Metal Face for arbitrary reasons. v. v. unmanly.

This also makes Dunban even more manly when you add in the fact it was taking everything Shulk had to be even with Dunban in trying to hold him back, when Dunban was only using one arm. Seriously, Shulk looked like any minute now he was going to give way and Dunban was barely breaking a sweat.
---
Playing: Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) Grandia II (PS2) HDNeptunia Mk II(PS3)
#6what_is_my_namePosted 10/4/2012 11:27:18 PM
I lol'd at this topic.
---
MH3 ID: Nameless - EJ1PGD
Playing Xenoblade Chronicles
#7MirineePosted 10/5/2012 2:03:51 AM
I laughed too while reading the list.

Two of Dunban's attacks fill the screen with pink cherry blossoms. That in itself is not manly, but I actually agree with your list.

metalmonstar posted...
If you looked up unmanly in a Thesaurus Melia would be a synonym.
That's mean, but then, it's so irrelevant! Now that I think about it, why are the girls even in this? It's like making a... "womanly" tier list and adding all the boys in. Actually, Shulk would actually fit in somewhere... Sorry, Shulk!
---
"Dance with me!"
#8SSj7CloudSPosted 10/5/2012 3:32:48 AM
It's manly because it's Dunban doing it, were it any other character it'd just look really fruity. But from Dunban? I buy it, he was born in a world of strife, he has the right to fill the screen with blossoms if he wants.
---
Playing: Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) Grandia II (PS2) HDNeptunia Mk II(PS3)
#9asexierpersonPosted 10/5/2012 3:06:25 PM
Mottman posted...
Dunban apparently cries in front of his sister.

He's a sensitive man who cares for his sister.

Doesn't make him any less of a man.
#10ExternicaPosted 10/5/2012 3:15:32 PM
SSj7CloudS posted...
It's manly because it's Dunban doing it, were it any other character it'd just look really fruity. But from Dunban? I buy it, he was born in a world of strife, he has the right to fill the screen with blossoms if he wants.

In japanese, cherry blossom symbolise death, I heard.
Making them very manly... if you're japanese or have very good knowledge of japanese history/mythology.
Can someone confirm this?

I mean, Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts has also a cherry blossom motive, next to his flower element and that giant scythe and don't forget his black coat. If it wasn't for his girly looks, he would scream "I'm the grim reaper" or something like that.