No spoiler please!, how is the story overall?

#1brianrpgfanPosted 1/8/2013 10:14:58 PM
What I like about jrpg since the playstation day is having a pretty good story , otherwise harder for me to finish it and takes long time to just beat it! So whoever has played this jrpg for long enough, how is the story for the most part or is it so so?
#2AxtlarPosted 1/8/2013 10:21:42 PM
It's very good. While the story doesn't top Xenogears or Xenosaga, it's certainly great. With the sub par quality of RPG's these last couple of years, it easily ranks with the best.
#3therealdekarPosted 1/9/2013 1:33:52 AM
Axtlar posted...
It's very good. While the story doesn't top Xenogears or Xenosaga, it's certainly great. With the sub par quality of RPG's these last couple of years, it easily ranks with the best.

I agree with this. All around its one of the best RPGs ever. Haven't played gears or saga though so I can't compare those to it.
#4VanilleHopenPosted 1/9/2013 1:54:29 AM
I liked the story more than xenogears... Xenogears was just too confusing for me so i quit playing in the middle of disc 2...

I did like the first disc though it was a cute story based around war.. Then they just did way too much with it and started talking bout have/have nots and being other people all while narrating in these weird black screens that they never did on the first disc.
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#5sentoworfPosted 1/9/2013 2:02:52 AM
I wasn't sure if the game would hold my interest for the time it takes to complete it so I watched the story trailer called The Abyss on the game's website. It does spoil some things but it got me interested in the game so I can't complain much.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#6ExternicaPosted 1/9/2013 2:45:47 AM
It has its moments, but the pacing is slow at times. And you can ruin the pacing just by doing to many sidequests.
I needed to reach the endgame part, before I got hooked.
#7MienchisePosted 1/10/2013 3:00:23 AM
It starts off as any typical rpg but might be a bit slower especially in the beginning. It's not until the middle-ish where things get really good and then it gets even better. It's like OMG and WHAT. The ending was very satisfying but I didn't want it to be over.
---
ign: supacooldavid
#8neonreaperPosted 1/10/2013 2:40:46 PM
The first half is good but straightforward. You'll be spending your time enjoying all the cool areas and exploring so it's not a big deal.

The second half is nuts.
---
Donny: Are they gonna hurt us, Walter?
Walter: No, Donny. These men are cowards.
#9naarosPosted 1/10/2013 2:51:47 PM
Mienchise posted...
It starts off as any typical rpg but might be a bit slower especially in the beginning. It's not until the middle-ish where things get really good and then it gets even better. It's like OMG and WHAT. The ending was very satisfying but I didn't want it to be over.

This was pretty much my experience, lol. Especially the "OMG" and "WHAT" parts. XD

I was pretty much hooked from the beginning. :3
#10True_FanPosted 1/10/2013 2:55:40 PM
Playing it reminded me of my first time playing Grandia 2
---
Pokwang