New Wii U RPG from Monolith

#111luminion187Posted 1/24/2013 6:05:26 PM
I'm a stubborn jackass and the only way I'll buy a Wii-U is if there are atleast five quality JRPGs. This is one. Four more to go!
---
"maybe if lebron james didnt swat the ball into the 20th row just to make the highlight reel, he would have some rings by now."
#112naarosPosted 1/24/2013 7:40:35 PM
Here's a 1080p version of the video ripped from the Wii-U:

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|720p2|740447922|Xenoblade%202%20Trailer%201080p.mp4|212489|0|0

Definitely better quality! Still not as crisp as it could be, but better than youtube!
#113shadowkratos774Posted 1/24/2013 7:49:28 PM
luminion187 posted...
I'm a stubborn jackass and the only way I'll buy a Wii-U is if there are atleast five quality JRPGs. This is one. Four more to go!

I'm kinda the same, though I will say, if MS continues to pump out great JRPG's like Square once did, I may have to start saving up
---
You will give the people an ideal to strive towards...
But in time, they will join you in the sun.
#114luminion187Posted 1/24/2013 8:14:27 PM
shadowkratos774 posted...
luminion187 posted...

I'm kinda the same, though I will say, if MS continues to pump out great JRPG's like Square once did, I may have to start saving up

The thing is we can't solely depend on Monolith Soft. Think about it. Once this game is released we'll have to wait awhile for their next title. Nintendo needs to finance other companies to make an RPG or two on their console, in turn, facilitating an explosion of JRPGs like we saw back in the PS1 era.
---
"maybe if lebron james didnt swat the ball into the 20th row just to make the highlight reel, he would have some rings by now."
#115Super SlashPosted 1/24/2013 9:52:46 PM
hikaruomega posted...
I don't get why people don't want to buy a WiiU.

No games, it's as simple as that really.

Though with TWW HD and this game, as well as SSB, I may have changed my mind. Gonna try to pick one up sometime this year probably.
#116RiaanYsterPosted 1/24/2013 10:16:09 PM
No games? Lolz. it's a new system... I'm struggeling finding time between ZombiU, Black OpsII (for which the WiiU is best console if only for playing Zombies on 2 screens locally) and Sonic racer (which you can play 5 people locally).

God knows i'll have to finish at least ZombiU before Aliens Colonial Marines comes out, of which the developers have talked up the wiiU version plenty. Then there' s the re-done Wind Waker coming out and also Bayonetta 2 (heard of that?)

How many great games were available on the Ps3/Xbox in the first 3 months when they came out?

Furthermore, requiring 5 JRPGS? It takes 100+ hours to finish a good RPG. How long is it gonna take to finnish 5? Maybe you have to be child or a student without a social life or something to have that much time. It took me 2 months to finnish The Last Story, and 4 for Xenoblade. That's half the year i spent on just 2 RPGs, one of which was pretty short.

It's a real shame that so many people missed out on Xenoblade deu to their irrational (and rather pathetic) hatred of Nintendo (methinks they do this to feel less pathetic). If you miss out on this title... well... you lose.
#117Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 1/25/2013 9:14:39 AM
There's also region locking, so assuming they won't crack it (which they will). We have to be careful on what region we choose.
---
"Japanese Wii U. American Wii U. The future is yours, Xenoblade U."
#118StarBladeEdgePosted 1/25/2013 9:27:13 AM
luminion187 posted...
Nice.

Too bad I'll never buy a Wii-U though. I'm way too old for that.

you got a trophie

most stupid post this week

congrats
---
Nintendo The Best Game Company Let's destroy the wiiu board trolls!
WiiU True Next Gen for the next 8-10 years !
#119Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 1/25/2013 10:14:43 AM
Here is to hoping they include dual audio (or at least the original voices) just like Xenoblade, and NOT like Last Story Pandora's Tower.
---
"Japanese Wii U. American Wii U. The future is yours, Xenoblade U."
#120AllFictionPosted 1/25/2013 10:20:34 AM
hikaruomega posted...
I don't get why people don't want to buy a WiiU.

still to expensive, here in my country deluxe Wii is $550.
also 3DS game in Q1 is too great. to pass up.
Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Luigi Mansion, Animal Crossing, Castlevania.
my god nintendo! have mercy on my wallet :'(