New Wii U RPG from Monolith

#51NotChris_HansenPosted 1/23/2013 10:06:30 AM
You can pilot mechs! Mechs which can fly! Mechs which can turn into motorcycles, which can glide over water! I'm in floods of tears!
#52True_FanPosted 1/23/2013 10:19:55 AM
Lol. Didn't realize Kouli posted. Good to see some dinosaurs around.
---
Pokwang
#53TyrantLowKeyPosted 1/23/2013 11:17:19 AM
EmeralDragon23 posted...
the X is the same X from Xenoblade, yeah and the combat looks very similar

spiritual successor, I suppose

and it looks absolutely gorgeous, though I'd have liked brighter colors to be displayed. everything seemed to take place and night, dawn, or sunset

Loving the Wii U now. First Mario announcements, then Zelda HD remake of Wind Walker and new Zelda and now this. Wii U has no gaems!!
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#54HeyWheresKelPosted 1/23/2013 11:30:51 AM
If I've learned anything about direct sequels to great JRPGs, it's that they're not usually good (I'm looking at you, ToS: DotNW and FFX-2). So I really hope Monolithsoft either really knows what they're doing, or isn't making a Xenoblade sequel.
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i45.tinypic.com/24wc1fb.png
#55MonadAlvisPosted 1/23/2013 11:31:03 AM
I can't even. Definitely getting a Gears-Blade hybrid feel from this like some of you. That red X at the end really sealed it. Really hoping for some relation to Xenoblade. Tell me the story after Xenoblade! ;-; ^_^

Also d sgzfdhgch ggc jhghmjgfntrfghjcg omfggggg
---
My name's Alvis.
Got it memorized?
#56True_FanPosted 1/23/2013 11:43:28 AM
can't wait for all the QQing if this game gets released before Versus. I project 2015 or late 14 for japan for this X.

Versus is probably gonna need a year of marketing to be relevant after LR is out..
---
Pokwang
#57rpggamer29Posted 1/23/2013 11:56:47 AM
Oh my god that looks amazing. For sure looks like a Xenoblade 2. It even has "face mechon."
---
It's not paranoia if the Random Number Generator is really out to get you.
#58Hero_DunbanPosted 1/23/2013 12:03:12 PM
That's gorgeous! Zomg.

*squees*
---
Feel the flow of battle!
#59Rikkus_dadPosted 1/23/2013 12:04:03 PM
rpggamer29 posted...
Oh my god that looks amazing. For sure looks like a Xenoblade 2. It even has "face mechon."

All Monolith "Xeno" games have faced gears (in Xenoblade's case "mechon")
---
It's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"!! Why do 90% of English speakers get this wrong?
#60rpggamer29Posted 1/23/2013 12:08:13 PM
Sorry for the double post. I didn't watch of the whole video but I did skip to the end and it is encouraging. I am glad to see Nintendo doing it right. I am so fed up with SE and FF versus and FF10 HD. He flat says the new Zelda title is a ways off and you know after seeing that clip that we will have this game soon enough. Kudos for actually being professional. It is nice to see. For me Xenoblade is hands down the best JRPG of this gen and maybe right from the start they will make the best one next gen as well.
---
It's not paranoia if the Random Number Generator is really out to get you.