New Wii U RPG from Monolith

#61rpggamer29Posted 1/23/2013 12:10:03 PM
Rikkus_dad posted...
rpggamer29 posted...
Oh my god that looks amazing. For sure looks like a Xenoblade 2. It even has "face mechon."

All Monolith "Xeno" games have faced gears (in Xenoblade's case "mechon")

It goes without saying that I haven't played any of the other Xeno games. Regardless of it looking to be Xenoblade related, it looks amazing.
---
It's not paranoia if the Random Number Generator is really out to get you.
#62luminion187Posted 1/23/2013 12:10:56 PM
It can be "Xenoblade 2" with a whole new story and set of characters but similar themes ala Final Fantasy. That actually makes more sense from a business standpoint as opposed to making a completely new IP. Atleast with the 'Xenoblade' name potential buyers know what to expect, and the next gen HD graphics can attract new fans as well.
---
"maybe if lebron james didnt swat the ball into the 20th row just to make the highlight reel, he would have some rings by now."
#63True_FanPosted 1/23/2013 12:14:12 PM
luminion187 posted...
It can be "Xenoblade 2" with a whole new story and set of characters but similar themes ala Final Fantasy. That actually makes more sense from a business standpoint as opposed to making a completely new IP. Atleast with the 'Xenoblade' name potential buyers know what to expect, and the next gen HD graphics can attract new fans as well.

In this case its more similar to Tales since the battle system is so similar. i wouldn't want monolith making the same system for all xeno games. it will probably feel repetitive after a few iterations.
---
Pokwang
#64luminion187Posted 1/23/2013 12:18:57 PM
Although the game looks great I'm going to need alot more convincing to purchase a Wii-U. I'm not repeating the mistake of purchasing a console just for one game. If there were an explosion of new, quality JRPGs then I may consider it.
---
"maybe if lebron james didnt swat the ball into the 20th row just to make the highlight reel, he would have some rings by now."
#65Hero_DunbanPosted 1/23/2013 12:20:42 PM
True_Fan posted...
Adrak990 posted...
Winterglaive posted...
Seriously, though, why isn't Mitsuda the lead composer? He gave MonoSoft their best soundtracks (Xenogears, Saga 1, and Soma Bringer) and Takahashi knows it. Bring him back. ;.;

I'm still waiting for a legendary Mitsuda-Kajiura cooperative effort on a soundtrack. That would be so amazing.

Trade Kajiura with Yoko Kanno then we have a deal.

---
Feel the flow of battle!
#66True_FanPosted 1/23/2013 12:24:08 PM
someones probably gonna point out how orangeybrown this trailer is. Might be the lighting, but most of the enemies are pretty brown.
---
Pokwang
#67Rikkus_dadPosted 1/23/2013 12:31:06 PM(edited)
luminion187 posted...

TBH I think having "Xeno" in the title will be enough to get fans of Xenoblade interested. Many people got interested in Xenoblade because they were fans of Xenogears and/or Xenosaga. Xenoblade was very popular and I'm sure that thanks to it's popularity all "Xeno" games will be more popular in the future, whether it's Xenoblade 2 or not.

As long as this games title starts with "Xeno" it will draw upon the success of Xenoblade.

---
It's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"!! Why do 90% of English speakers get this wrong?
#68Rikkus_dadPosted 1/23/2013 12:30:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#69what_is_my_namePosted 1/23/2013 12:30:55 PM
Xenogear + Xenoblade?!?
---
D3 Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nameless-1157/
Playing Xenoblade Chronicles, D3
#70hikaruomegaPosted 1/23/2013 12:30:59 PM
The game looks very smexy.
---
Utada Hikaru is a great singer.
I'm Left-handed.