New Wii U RPG from Monolith

#81Bahamut_10thPosted 1/23/2013 2:50:52 PM
Yagaminoue posted...
Looks good but that face model at the end was kind of... ugly. <_<

I agree.

And I don't think anyone should worry about the localization.
Xenoblade was no million seller, but it exceeded NoA's expectations.
If this game is much better than it will surely sell significantly.
#82MonadAlvisPosted 1/23/2013 2:52:55 PM
Ultimate_Nova_X posted...
Now, this will be the game that decides my decision whether to get a US Wii U or a JP Wii U.

Of course you should get the one that came first! The original is always better. ;)
---
My name's Alvis.
Got it memorized?
#83Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 1/23/2013 2:56:03 PM
MonadAlvis posted...
Now, this will be the game that decides my decision whether to get a US Wii U or a JP Wii U.

Of course you should get the one that came first! The original is always better. ;)

Actually, as long as it includes dual-audio (or just JP voices) and none (and I mean none) of the contents are cut/removed/replaced (text and dialogue I can forgive), then it's a pass for the localized product.

Since Monolith Soft is a first party Nintendo company now, I really hope there will be a Chinese version, even though it's unlikely...
---
"The benevolent see benevolence and the wise see wisdom."
~Chinese proverb
#84MonadAlvisPosted 1/23/2013 2:58:22 PM
MonadAlvis posted...

Actually, as long as it includes dual-audio (or just JP voices) and none (and I mean none) of the contents are cut/removed/replaced (text and dialogue I can forgive), then it's a pass for the localized product.

Since Monolith Soft is a first party Nintendo company now, I really hope there will be a Chinese version, even though it's unlikely...

The American Wii U came first is what I meant. =P

I hear the western Xenoblade had a much faster run speed than the Japanese. Is that still passable?
---
My name's Alvis.
Got it memorized?
#85Bahamut_10thPosted 1/23/2013 3:00:51 PM
MonadAlvis posted...
MonadAlvis posted...

The American Wii U came first is what I meant. =P

I hear the western Xenoblade had a much faster run speed than the Japanese. Is that still passable?

IMO that sort of killed the utility of quick step gems even more.

On his defense I gotta say if I knew enough japanese to read everything on my own I'd get a japanese Wii U.
#86Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 1/23/2013 3:06:49 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
IMO that sort of killed the utility of quick step gems even more.

On his defense I gotta say if I knew enough japanese to read everything on my own I'd get a japanese Wii U.

Well obviously the Japanese version is better text-wise, even though that means little to most people, you still can't deny it being the truth.

I really want to hear a confirmation and see a comparison about the quick step speeds even more.

And lol American Wii U came first, way to miss the mark completely and hit the tree branch supporting the dartboard.
---
"The benevolent see benevolence and the wise see wisdom."
~Chinese proverb
#87TLeHnPosted 1/23/2013 3:15:43 PM(edited)
Looks great, even though it mostly shows monsters being beaten up (reminds me a bit of Monster Hunter). But seeing that they'll apparently add a multiplayer mode I hope that it won't affect the single player experience.
And what do you think about the style of the HUD and the numbers? Looks pretty futuristic, in my opinion, but I'm not sure whether it will fit the theme, but there are no known details about the setting of this game, so I can't judge, I guess.
I know I'm just imagining things but the piece of land in the background at the beginning reminds me a bit of Eryth Sea (the wing-like things at the back of Bionis) with its floating islands. Maybe it is set in the far future after Xenoblade? The humans (or maybe homs) now use futuristic technology, as well. And it looks like the land is surrounded by an "endless" ocean, but I know it's just speculation.
As for the music, yeah, it sounds like it's just supposed to sound epic, but it doesn't really fit the trailer, in my opinion.
---
"Hito no yo ni, umareshi koro yori, ikusa michi, ouka...RANBU~!!"
#88MonadAlvisPosted 1/23/2013 3:15:41 PM
TLeHn posted...
Looks great, even though it mostly shows monsters being beaten up (reminds me a bit of Monster Hunter). But seeing that they'll apparently add a multiplayer mode I hope that it won't affect the single player experience.
And what do you think about the style of the HUD and the numbers? Looks pretty futuristic, in my opinion, but I'm not sure whether it will fit the theme, but there are no known details about the setting of this game, so I can't judge, I guess.
I know I'm just imagining things but the piece of land in the background at the beginning reminds me a bit of Eryth Sea (the wing-like things at the back of Bionis) with its floating islands. Maybe it is set in the far future after Xenoblade? The humans (or maybe homs) now use futuristic technology, as well, but I know it's just speculation.
As for the music, yeah, it sounds like it's just supposed to sound epic, but it doesn't really fit the trailer, in my opinion.

Even if it was in the future of Xenoblade's universe, the Bionis is underwater at the end, so Eryth Sea doesn't even exist. =P
---
My name's Alvis.
Got it memorized?
#89TLeHnPosted 1/23/2013 3:24:56 PM
MonadAlvis posted...
Even if it was in the future of Xenoblade's universe, the Bionis is underwater at the end, so Eryth Sea doesn't even exist. =P

Ah, now that I rewatched the ending, I didn't notice that the Bionis sank this deep.
I always thought the ocean wasn't very deep because of the two giants who stood on the water without sinking.
---
"Hito no yo ni, umareshi koro yori, ikusa michi, ouka...RANBU~!!"
#90MonadAlvisPosted 1/23/2013 3:28:52 PM
TLeHn posted...
MonadAlvis posted...

Ah, now that I rewatched the ending, I didn't notice that the Bionis sank this deep.
I always thought the ocean wasn't very deep because of the two giants who stood on the water without sinking.

Yeah, my best guess is stilt-legs or titan magic, lol.
---
My name's Alvis.
Got it memorized?