Gecko? spoilerrrs

#1Xeno3064Posted 2/4/2013 4:53:56 PM
Okay so my birfday is comin up in march, an I'm thinking I might want this, but only for two things and on XBC only. But I'm afraid it might like whazz out my wii, like make it all glitchy and stuff, so I wanted to use the change shop code thing for the Meyneth Monado, and whatever code that makes equipment slottable. But before I even think about getting it, I want to read people's experience and opinions. Because I'm afraid that if I get the Meyneth Monado and slot it (and possibly some Sedna drones... Once I get them) that everything is gonna go spazzy like. So what I'm really trying to say is, is safe to get the Meyneth Monado and change it so that it is slotted so I can put my own gems in, and is safe to slot unslotted equipment. Also if u slot equipment will it have the s over it like other slotted equipment, like if i remove the gems on the meyneth monado, would it have an s for slorltted or u for unique. I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I really want the Meyneth Monado and alot it, but I don't wanna bug anything up.
#2AxtlarPosted 2/4/2013 6:21:50 PM
I don't understand any of this.
#3Xeno3064(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 6:45:36 PM(edited)
Hahaha XD sorry I'll try to put it more simply.

Okay so I might want to get the Gecko SD card emulator cheat thing for the wii. But I have a few questions, and I want to make sure it works without screwing up my wii and or xenoblade. So I want to read people's experience using cheat codes for xenoblade. Some of my concerns include:

1. Okay if I get this I plan to use a Change Shop item code that allows me to get anything I want. I want to use it to buy the Meyneth Monado mainly, and maybe a few other weapons that you can't get after NG+ or certain points in the game. I'm concerned that if I buy the weapon and save will the weapons still be there without having any of the program bugged up?

2. My second concern is this: I want to use the cheat that allows any weapon/equipment slotted, weather the item was unique or not slotted before. I want to know if it is the Remove Gems from any weapon/equipment code, or maximum slot value for weapon/equipment code. And if I use them what precautions would I have to take? Also, say I get the Meyneth Monado, it's a unique weapon, if use the code that gives it empty slots, will it have the purple/pink u over the weapon icon for it, because its initially a unique weapon, or a s over the icon because it has free slots?I know the u and s is not a whole big deal but it might bother me just a little. Also if anyone has slotted any unique/unslotted weapons/equipment and added their own gems, was there anyone who had trouble after saving with their gems on the weapon/equipment?

Again sorry for the lengthy questions I just want to make sure that this is totally full proof w/o any need for concern.
#4Ultimate_Nova_XPosted 2/4/2013 7:02:21 PM
I doubt anyone knows...
---
-User Name Origin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO_5esMq2kE#t=56s
"Japanese Wii U. American Wii U. The future is yours, Xenoblade U."
#5Xeno3064(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:08:54 PM
Ultimate_Nova_X posted...
I doubt anyone knows...

Yeah that's why people have never ever ever mentioned it before :P
#6MonadAlvisPosted 2/4/2013 7:10:08 PM
I think some people know. I've seen em discussing cheats before (and rather recently). I don't have the faintest idea who it was though.
---
They say even a broken clock is right twice a day, but mine has never even once shown Reyn Time.
#7Xeno3064(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:14:10 PM
MonadAlvis posted...
I think some people know. I've seen em discussing cheats before (and rather recently). I don't have the faintest idea who it was though.

*sigh* time to go searching through the board then -_-
#8Xeno3064(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 4:14:08 AM
Bump I found nothing
#9ToiseOfChoicePosted 2/5/2013 5:39:57 AM
1. You can buy whatever from those shops, save your game, turn off all codes, and the items will still be there. You can't mess up your Wii or your game disc by using these codes. Do note that certain dummy/plot items can't be unequipped once you've put them on, although I think there's a code to remove those. I recommend saving your game before equipping anything special, or saving in another slot with a completely clean game.

2. Removing gems from unique (U) items morphs them into a slotted (S) item and the original gems are lost. If you save your game, that item will remain a slotted (S) item forever with or without the code. I didn't try this with weapons, so I'm not sure what happens if you remove just one of the gems, but I figure the others are still "restricted" and the weapon becomes slotted (S).

I haven't touched the max slots code, but I'd be very surprised if it was any different.
#10Xeno3064(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:47:40 AM
ToiseOfChoice posted...
1. You can buy whatever from those shops, save your game, turn off all codes, and the items will still be there. You can't mess up your Wii or your game disc by using these codes. Do note that certain dummy/plot items can't be unequipped once you've put them on, although I think there's a code to remove those. I recommend saving your game before equipping anything special, or saving in another slot with a completely clean game.

2. Removing gems from unique (U) items morphs them into a slotted (S) item and the original gems are lost. If you save your game, that item will remain a slotted (S) item forever with or without the code. I didn't try this with weapons, so I'm not sure what happens if you remove just one of the gems, but I figure the others are still "restricted" and the weapon becomes slotted (S).

I haven't touched the max slots code, but I'd be very surprised if it was any different.

Thanks so much for the info! ^-^ I am way less worried now and I think I will get te gecko thing.