WTF Sword Valley?? (SPOILERS)

#1MumboJPosted 2/5/2013 3:12:16 PM
I was in Agniratha, and went finally to fight Egil. After that, I saw the scene where the Mechonis activates and moves the sword. Well, I thought, didn't know that was gonna happen, I didn't complete the maps for SV or GF or see if I did all the quests, good thing I didn't save after beating Egil, I'll just go back and, OH GODDAMIT I FORGOT, THERE'S A BATTLE GOING ON. I can't go anywhere in those two places! And obviously I can't do it after Egil moves the sword! I haven't been using a guide or anything, I was gonna go back and explore more when I'd leveled up. GUESS NOT. Plus now I looked at a walkthrough here--there were 4 quests in SV, I only found 2!!

So ****ing pissed at myself. And at the game for locking me out. I don't even know if I have all the materials to rebuild more of C6 now! I don't suppose there will miraculously be another chance later to go to these 2 places?
---
Et earello, endorenna utulien. Sinome maruvan, ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!
#2MonadAlvisPosted 2/5/2013 3:27:21 PM
Nope, but there is NG+.
---
They say even a broken clock is right twice a day, but mine has never even once shown Reyn Time.
#3MottmanPosted 2/5/2013 3:32:02 PM(edited)
I believe the following items are needed to completely rebuild Colony 6 that you get from areas that are later made unavailable to you.

2 of Retro Diode from Mechonis Field
2 of Red Frontier from Sword Valley
2 of Black Styrene from Central Factory
2 of Mossy Panel from Mechonis Field
2 of Art Core Coil from Galahad Fortress
1 of Fortune Feather from Agniratha
2 of Lewisia Silver from Agniratha
2 of Azure Hollyhock from Mechonis Field
3 of Blue Light Amp from Agniratha
2 of Angel Engine X from Central Factory

Those are all blue orb items, you should have no problem getting any of the monster item drops you need to complete Colony 6. Most (but not all) of those above items can be gotten by trades, if you missed them. Check your inventory and see how many of those you have.
---
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
"Soon we will see Pokemon XXX." - Kooky_von_Koopa
#4MumboJ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:39:25 PM(edited)
Mottman posted...
I believe the following items are needed to completely rebuild Colony 6 that you get from areas that are later made unavailable to you.

2 of Retro Diode from Mechonis Field
2 of Red Frontier from Sword Valley
2 of Black Styrene from Central Factory
2 of Mossy Panel from Mechonis Field
2 of Art Core Coil from Galahad Fortress
1 of Fortune Feather from Agniratha
2 of Lewisia Silver from Agniratha
2 of Azure Hollyhock from Mechonis Field
3 of Blue Light Amp from Agniratha
2 of Angel Engine X from Central Factory

Those are all blue orb items, you should have no problem getting any of the monster item drops you need to complete Colony 6. Most (but not all) of those above items can be gotten by trades, if you missed them. Check your inventory and see how many of those you have.

Ok, so the field, factory and Agniratha are still fine for me, but I'll have to check about the Red Frontiers and Art Core Coils. Are those ones you can get by trades?

MonadAlvis posted...
Nope, but there is NG+.

Dude, I got like 100+ hours logged right now, and I still have no idea when I'll be done. And I have other games on my list. I ain't doing this again for a looooong time -_-

---
#5MottmanPosted 2/5/2013 3:44:07 PM
MumboJ posted...
Ok, so the field, factory and Agniratha are still fine for me, but I'll have to check about the Red Frontiers and Art Core Coils. Are those ones you can get by trades?

Whoops, I misjudged where you were in the story, sorry! Oh well, better you know now rather than later that those areas get "locked" later on, if you want to make sure to get those items before it happens.

As for Red Frontier and Art Core Coil, according to the Xenoblade wiki (which is where I got that list from) you can get Red Frontiers by trading with someone named Rizaka, and Art Core Coils by trading with someone named Kazat. However, I don't know where those people are located, or at what affinity-star level you have to be at to get those items from them (remember, some items cannot be obtained through trading until the area where that character lives has reached a certain level of affinity with the party).
---
#6MumboJ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:59:04 PM
Mottman posted...
MumboJ posted...

Whoops, I misjudged where you were in the story, sorry! Oh well, better you know now rather than later that those areas get "locked" later on, if you want to make sure to get those items before it happens.

As for Red Frontier and Art Core Coil, according to the Xenoblade wiki (which is where I got that list from) you can get Red Frontiers by trading with someone named Rizaka, and Art Core Coils by trading with someone named Kazat. However, I don't know where those people are located, or at what affinity-star level you have to be at to get those items from them (remember, some items cannot be obtained through trading until the area where that character lives has reached a certain level of affinity with the party).

Thanks, but I did know those places get locked out, thanks to inching down the Point of No Return faq. But that's all I know. So I've been going through those places now to finish up whatever there is. Although god knows there could be quests all over the Fallen Arm that take me into one of those areas, right? And I might never come across them.

And those names I do recognize from the Fallen Arm, so I guess they're Machina. I found some collectible before that gave me a future flash to show that I'd need it, to deliver to Rizaka I think.

It just sucks though. The reason I let the battle in SV commence without returning to my last save file was I figured I'd just go back when it was over. Plus the story was really drawing me forward, making me not want to to side stuff at the moment. Didn't think that jackass Egil was gonna screw me in such a meta way. I do apparently have a save file back in Galahad, but it'd be ridiculous to slog through those 20+ hours again to get back where I am...

/rant
---
#7MottmanPosted 2/5/2013 4:08:05 PM
MumboJ posted...
Thanks, but I did know those places get locked out, thanks to inching down the Point of No Return faq. But that's all I know. So I've been going through those places now to finish up whatever there is. Although god knows there could be quests all over the Fallen Arm that take me into one of those areas, right? And I might never come across them.

And those names I do recognize from the Fallen Arm, so I guess they're Machina. I found some collectible before that gave me a future flash to show that I'd need it, to deliver to Rizaka I think.

It just sucks though. The reason I let the battle in SV commence without returning to my last save file was I figured I'd just go back when it was over. Plus the story was really drawing me forward, making me not want to to side stuff at the moment. Didn't think that jackass Egil was gonna screw me in such a meta way. I do apparently have a save file back in Galahad, but it'd be ridiculous to slog through those 20+ hours again to get back where I am...

/rant

Did some digging for you on the Xenoblade wiki. Both of those people are indeed Machina. Rizaka is apparently located in the "Ether Light" area of Fallen Arm, but requires a full five-star affinity with the Machina Village area before they will trade you Red Frontiers. Kazat lives somewhere in the Machina Village itself, and only requires four-star affinity to trade Art Core Coils to you.

Fortunately, IMHO the Machina Village area is BY FAR the easiest of the five main areas in the game to get five-star affinity with. It's the only area I myself have been able to get five-star affinity with in my game (I wanted it so I could trade for the "Sleek" line of bathing suit clothing for the ladies in my party, lol).

Of course, you could already have the parts you need without having to do all this, so be sure to check your inventory.
---
#8MonadAlvisPosted 2/5/2013 4:57:01 PM(edited)
MumboJ posted...
MonadAlvis posted...
Nope, but there is NG+.

Dude, I got like 100+ hours logged right now, and I still have no idea when I'll be done. And I have other games on my list. I ain't doing this again for a looooong time -_-

Pssh. I'm on my fourth playthrough, 300+ hours.

And Mott, of course those people are Machina! They have Zs in their names! =P
---
They say even a broken clock is right twice a day, but mine has never even once shown Reyn Time.
#9HeyWheresKelPosted 2/5/2013 5:01:55 PM
If you're gonna try to do completionist stuff on your first playthrough, you're gonna have to spoil yourself. There are many JRPGs that have lockout points. Don't get your knickers in a twist. It's still possible to rebuild C6, get all areas up to 5-stars, and get all the 4th and 5th skill trees and
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i45.tinypic.com/24wc1fb.png
#10MumboJ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:46:00 AM
Well it turns out I have exactly 2 Art Core Coils, while Red Frontiers happen to be the one collectible I didn't get from SV. Guess I'll trade for it when I get the max affinity. Thanks for the help folks.
---