RUMOR: Xenoblade to be released on Wii U Eshop

#1CcroybbPosted 5/14/2013 12:55:56 PM
http://www.cubed3.com/news/18760/1/e3-wii-u-and-3ds-rumours-cause-a-stir-mario-zelda-final-fantasy-and-more.html

It's a rumor so take it with a grain of salt. All of you who are looking for it at a reasonable price might just be saved.
#2ignasia7Posted 5/14/2013 1:03:04 PM
100 year old gamer does have a good history of being correct with his info. If true, this could well explain why Nintendo would stop printing physical copies on a game that was by all accounts still flying off shelves.
---
Currently Playing: PSOep1+2 (HUnewearl), DQ6 DS, XBC, TLS, Tales of Symphonia, BoF 3 and 4, DQ7 PSX, TWEWY, Skies of Arcadia, WIld ARMS 2, Zelda: WW, +more
#3DalkinPosted 5/14/2013 2:40:03 PM
I would buy a Wii U for Xenoblade Chronicles.

There. I said it. And I mean it.
---
-This post is in no way shape or form a TOS violation-
#4BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/14/2013 2:52:48 PM
ignasia7 posted...
100 year old gamer does have a good history of being correct with his info. If true, this could well explain why Nintendo would stop printing physical copies on a game that was by all accounts still flying off shelves.

I just had to binge through the whole ign thread where he answered questions. If 50% of what he said is true, this E3 Nintendo will be on fire.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#5MottmanPosted 5/14/2013 2:59:39 PM
Not only would that help people who missed out on the game in terms of being able to buy it on the Wii U eshop, but it would also probably cause the resale prices of the physical copies for Wii to go down considerably, since the game's rarity will no longer be an issue.

Seems like a win-win situation if true, but I'll believe it when I see it.
---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
#6Ccroybb(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 3:45:59 PM
Dalkin posted...
I would buy a Wii U for Xenoblade Chronicles.

There. I said it. And I mean it.

I would too, if I wasn't able to find the game at a reasonable price. Everyone deserves a chance to play this awesomeness.
#7Hero_DunbanPosted 5/14/2013 3:46:27 PM
Mottman posted...
Not only would that help people who missed out on the game in terms of being able to buy it on the Wii U eshop, but it would also probably cause the resale prices of the physical copies for Wii to go down considerably, since the game's rarity will no longer be an issue.

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the scalpers?!
---
a.k.a Hero_Oneban (thanks Mottman!)
#8ignasia7Posted 5/14/2013 3:51:40 PM
Beanbean, for sure man.

Dundun, what exactly do you mean? With online sales scalpers are kept out of the mix.
---
Currently Playing: PSOep1+2 (HUnewearl), DQ6 DS, XBC, TLS, Tales of Symphonia, BoF 3 and 4, DQ7 PSX, TWEWY, Skies of Arcadia, WIld ARMS 2, Zelda: WW, +more
#9MottmanPosted 5/14/2013 3:54:21 PM
Hero_Dunban posted...
Mottman posted...

They had months to have their fun, the game has been rare and easy to gouge for quite a while. If they stayed in too long without selling and end up getting burned by a digital release, that's their fault. It's like playing the stock market: you have to know when to jump in, and know when to take your profits and run.
---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
#10ignasia7Posted 5/14/2013 4:02:25 PM
Mottman posted...
Hero_Dunban posted...
Mottman posted...

They had months to have their fun, the game has been rare and easy to gouge for quite a while. If they stayed in too long without selling and end up getting burned by a digital release, that's their fault. It's like playing the stock market: you have to know when to jump in, and know when to take your profits and run.

Oh, I see, he was being facetious.

Well, one thing to consider. We have three separate markets to look at now, all related, so it isn't quite like stocks. There's online download, physical new/sealed copies, and physical used copies.

The only market likely to get harmed by the download is the used market. New, sealed copies generally remain unharmed (case in point, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 3, Chrono Trigger), and often go up because now their value increases. So for those gambling on used copies, now is the time to sell. For those sitting on sealed copies, prices are likely to skyrocket, and while they will fluctuate with demand and collector desire, the fewer the easier to maintain high bottom prices.

Nevertheless, better for everyone involved.
---