do the enemies respawn?

#1GimeaPosted 4/7/2011 12:18:32 AM
Do enemies respawn in this game? I guess bosses don't, but that's okay.
---
Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online
#2garejeiPosted 4/7/2011 5:47:24 AM
Yes. Storyline bosses obviously don't, but everything else does (inlcuding "elite" monsters, or whatever they're called).
#3garejeiPosted 4/7/2011 5:49:25 AM
Wait, I'm being stupid. I think I'm wrong about the elite monsters. Haven't played the game in ages.

But normal monsters do respawn, that much I remember. :p
#4zer83Posted 4/7/2011 6:02:38 AM
Unique monsters also respawn, or at least a lot of them do.
#5JoopFOXPosted 4/7/2011 6:20:03 AM
Yes, they do. I think the only problem with elites is that you only get the quest bonus if you defeat the monster AFTER you got the quest. So if you already killed it, you'd have to do it again, but that's usually not such a big deal.
#6Gimea(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2011 11:41:52 PM
ah okay, thanks guys ;)
---
Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online
#7amazinguPosted 4/11/2011 9:03:48 PM
Some unique monster respawn, others don't.

I've killed unique monsters that were tied in with a quest, BEFORE spawning the quest, only for them NOT to respawn anymore, screwing your chances of completing the quest.

This has happened to me on 2 separate playthroughs with 2 entirely different monsters, so you may want to be careful.
#8SandylecuistotPosted 4/12/2011 5:01:17 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't "miss" monsters/quest.
If you can kill a Unique before taking a quest involving it, then it will always respawn (even if you have trouble to find it again)
And the monsters you can't find anymore are from certain quest you already beatten. (but not all of them).

It can be confusing because some monsters appears near others, you can easily think you killed one instead of another (except if you remember all the Unique's name).

The only way to miss a monster is to pass any point in the game where the quest is not available anymore for X reason I think.
---
Currently waiting for... Earth Seeker. We'll see.
#9amazinguPosted 4/12/2011 8:55:23 PM
I can assure you, Sandylecuistot, that it IS possible, because it has happened to me twice, and I am NOT mistaking the enemies, because I managed to get it right on other playthroughs.

It might be a glitch though.
#10SandylecuistotPosted 4/13/2011 12:45:41 AM
That's what I was thinking too, but the possibility is low.
I was hoping to say the truth for the game's sake T-T
I checked on the japanese @wiki guide and it seems that way, but I may have been translating too fast...
---
Currently waiting for... Earth Seeker. We'll see.