I bought the AV cable for PSP 2000/3000 systems to play on a tv and...

#1Lil_KisPosted 2/22/2011 5:03:07 PM

and well it won't work. I bought the first one with green, blue, red, yellow, and white color cords and tried that on my tv and only the sound came in. the picture didn't. Then I read a topic I made on here about someone saying there was a AV cable for PSP's that have just the red, yellow, and white cable cords on amazon and I checked that and about it. I tried it today cuz I got it in the mail and it didn't work. the same problem the sound came in but the picture didn't. What am I doing wrong? I tried it on my big screen tv and a smaller screen that my sister uses. So does anyone know a problem to fix this? I would greatly appreciate it! I bought Portable Ops and Peace Walker and didn't play them yet until I can play them on a tv screen. So plz help as I would again greatly appreciate it!!!! Thanks!

#2FlintKentaroPosted 2/22/2011 9:32:40 PM
I'm sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but, did you press and hold the screen/display button on your PSP for about 5 seconds for it to switch over to tv mode? Is your PSP still showing the video? It still shows the video until you change the display method. You can also manually turn this on in the "Connected Display Settings" section of your PSP settings.
---
DarkJoker III: "Snake is the ultimate badass; he eats rocks and ****s gunpowder".
#3DirjelPosted 2/23/2011 3:31:09 AM
Also, you can only play games on a TV in 480p. You can do anything on the XMB using 480i (via either component or composite cable), but to actually play a game you need to have a 480p TV and use the component (red/blue/green/red/white) cable. You also have to change the settings on the PSP to set it to progressive-scan mode.
---
Bring more souls, slayer of demons...
PSN-DirjelJunshin
#4PuniardPosted 2/23/2011 8:28:48 PM
Change your setting from progressive to interlaced for old CRT TV's.
---
"Well, we will see if there is iron in your words." - Vulcan Raven
#5Lil_Kis(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2011 2:23:00 PM

You mean did I turn on the PSP. Yes I did I don't know what else to do. I got the red, white and yellow cables. The Green and Blue cables didn't work also because there was no green and blue connections to the tv I have. So I tried the red, yellow, and white cables and the sound worked but the picture didn't. What do I do? Thanks

#6Lil_Kis(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2011 2:25:28 PM

I'm sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but, did you press and hold the screen/display button on your PSP for about 5 seconds for it to switch over to tv mode?

I don't know what you mean by this? I turned the PSP on while it was connected to the tv and only the sound worked. Sorry if i'm asking a stupid question but what is the screen/display button on my PSP and what do you mean by the tv mode? I don't think I did that...how do you do that? I only turned on the PSP by hitting the switch to turn it on.

#7riddlebox89Posted 2/25/2011 2:50:08 PM
i think they mean holding in the button that turns the PSP's brightness higher or lower for five seconds.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#8PuniardPosted 2/25/2011 5:09:28 PM
Ok, it looks like we are going to have go through this step by step since you obviously haven't read the manual.

#1 - Make sure you have the cord plugged into the right ports (sounds like you've done this since you have sound).

#2 - Go to the "Connected Display Setting" section on your PSP, it's under "Setting"

#3 - Check each setting, TV Type 16:9 or 4:3 (you should know what this means), Component/D-Terminal Output (set this to Interlace since you are not using a component cord), Screensaver (won't matter what you set this to) and Flicker Reduction (have this on to reduce any flicker on your TV)

#4 - Go to "Switch Video Output" (press the X button), this will change the display from your PSP to your TV. Now since you can't access this option while playing a game, Sony added another way to switch displays; hold down the display button for about 5 seconds, it's the small button to the right of the PSP logo at the bottom of the screen (it has small curved square on it and it's next to the music button which has a small music note on it).

#5 - Enjoy playing your PSP on a TV.
---
"Well, we will see if there is iron in your words." - Vulcan Raven
#9Lil_Kis(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2011 5:49:16 PM

"Component/D-Terminal Output (set this to Interlace since you are not using a component cord),"

when I set this to interlace it said "If you set to interlace, you will not be able to display screens from PSP format software on a connected device"

what does this mean? does this mean I can't watch it on a tv screen or what? Thanks

#10Lil_Kis(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2011 5:55:44 PM

Also on the instruction paper that came with the Av cable it says that This cable cannot be used to display images from games on a TV screen. it also says that note on use of a PSP-2000 series system.

See i have a 2001 PSP system. so what do I do? that means I can't use this cord on my tv? Is there any cord that works with a PSP 2001 system? Thanks