Why cant I get "RATHALOS WING" after mission?

#11Enosioph(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 2:57:17 AM
i havnt gotten it yet either...
wait, should u shoot it or tranquilize it????
this is a question for the people who got it XD
#12midizeroninePosted 6/21/2010 3:01:51 AM
I got mine by using only mossin nagant. beating the normal and twilight version. hitting mainly on the head and feet. accidentally on wings. after the twilight fight, I received the wing.
my current heroism at that time was 90k points and all staffs at level 99. maybe it was just luck.
#13arpantzPosted 6/22/2010 5:10:58 PM
I've been trying just killing it using rockets (but making sure to break the wings) and just tranqing it, but nothing seems to work. So is the general consensus to actually KILL the Rathalos, or to TRANQ it? I don't want to keep killing it if I'm supposed to tranq, or vice versa. I've been at this for days.
---
"Time to get agriculturin'!" - Head Farmer from Monster Hunter Tri
#14Lawman_316Posted 6/22/2010 5:18:27 PM
The general consensus is that it's more important to break parts of Rathalos' body, as that supposedly raises the chance of receiving the wing. Considering how Monster Hunter itself works, I'm inclined to agree on this.

I've been on it for the past couple days and I STILL haven't gotten it, though I can easily beat Rathalos in a little over 2 minutes, and I've S-Ranked both fights.
---
"theres too many abbreviations these days, i need a code book to read the internet" - rabsta
#15PapickettPosted 6/22/2010 5:42:35 PM
I just got it, and I only broke the tail. Just break as many parts of it as you can.
---
Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas
*See quote for friend codes
#16arpantzPosted 6/22/2010 5:57:47 PM
So break the parts, but kill or tranq???
---
"Time to get agriculturin'!" - Head Farmer from Monster Hunter Tri
#17Lawman_316Posted 6/22/2010 10:07:01 PM
I FINALLY got this humbucker a few hours ago. I broke some parts (but wasn't really focusing on it), and I killed it with a missile. I doubt that whether you kill or tranq it matters, and killing it is MUCH faster.
---
"theres too many abbreviations these days, i need a code book to read the internet" - rabsta
#18cid00Posted 6/22/2010 10:43:03 PM
I got it yesterday after more than 50 tries, yes 50 damn tries.

I noticed something weird when i got it though, after 2, maybe 3 Gustav rockets, it cut the tail off when i wasn't aiming at it at all o_O
---
Got it memorized ?
#19MagicPigeOnPosted 6/22/2010 11:55:32 PM
Wow, I got it on my 2nd try. I just cut off the tail, then killed it.

I had no idea you could destroy its other parts other than the tail. Is this true? So if I shoot its wings enough, it'll stop flying?
#20TheL_A_GPosted 6/27/2010 8:32:52 AM
Just like Tigrex, Peace Walker, Pupa, and Chrysalis, if you critically damage (read, drop the parts HP to 0% on) their main methods of movement, they will still fly/run/roll and do combat as they normally would.

Rathalos can have it's face pointy bits (whatever those are called) and wing tips broken, and it's tail cut off.
Tigrex can have it's teeth and arms broken, and it's tail cut.

Rathalos/ Tigrex incurr lessened tail whip ranges with their tails cut off, but otherwise, they'll fight normally.

Rathalos' rage mode (indicated by flames at it's mouth) increase it's attack power by 1.6x.
Tigrex's rage mode adds 1.5x to it's attack power, indicated by a sudden appearance of red veins on it's forearms and face. Can't remember changes to their defense when in rage mode, but changes are most likely negligible, probably positive for them.

Tigres doesn't seem to have the same weakness in the Monster Hunter series where it can get it's teeth stuck in a wall if lunges at you while snapping it's jaws. Not entirely sure, trying to stay away from walls. It likes juggling hapless soldiers against them.

But of course, this is mostly what I learned from killing these things in MHF2, and this isn't really MH, so, really, what do I know. :P