they said everyone can play the FFXIV Open Beta. So we download on PSN?

#1numberrrrPosted 8/21/2009 12:11:59 AM
in the FFXIV Core interview.

It sounds like when the open beta is up for PS3, we can download it from PSN,

it makes sense really. and sounds convenient too. They are still in Alpha but they are making faster progress than I thought. It's launching next year so they will mostly on closed beta the rest of this year.
#2FezzyBearDeluxePosted 8/21/2009 1:55:42 PM
open beta?
#3AlltraPosted 8/21/2009 2:09:32 PM
I must have read something different than you, because what I read said they were going to make a demo version available for everyone to try.
---
My interpretation of reality is different than yours. Don't destroy my reality, even if it is a fantasy.
#4numberrrr(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2009 2:32:45 PM
well a demo version would be nice too.
#5KtejiPosted 8/21/2009 3:07:22 PM
"We're planning to let everyone get a try at a playable version like we have done here in Germany, so please look forward to it in the not so far future."

Sounds like they have a demo coming out in the not so far future. Very interesting, I'd like to give it a roll if they released a demo on PSN. I'd probably play that demo like 537,817,507,501 times because I'm that excited.
---
Kteji
#6ManjiMidouPosted 8/21/2009 3:38:33 PM
open beta?
----
that would be smexy
---
My definition of an Asian buffet, is having Morning Musume all to myself......
#7AlltraPosted 8/21/2009 3:47:08 PM
Beta version: A development stage of software wherein the software application is released to an enthusiastic public for large-scale testing and bug discovery.
---
My interpretation of reality is different than yours. Don't destroy my reality, even if it is a fantasy.
#8solosnakePosted 8/21/2009 3:59:12 PM
Anyone have a link to where they said this?
---
"Even if a pawn becomes a queen, it's still just a playing piece."
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8953172273825999151
#9KtejiPosted 8/21/2009 4:44:20 PM
http://www.ffxivcore.com/index.php?/topic/512-gameplay-interview-with-tanaka-hiromichi/

There's a link of where they say it. It's there at the end of the interview. Doesn't sound like an official open beta, because they seem to be talking about the alpha version. More like just trying to get people to try it not so much test it.
---
Kteji
#10AlltraPosted 8/21/2009 4:56:09 PM
- Will Japan have its chance to play a demo as well?

Tanaka: There may be a playable version that users sign up to try out in Japan sort of like a giant focus group. Players will be added gradually, and once the game is more polished and we have a solid base for the users then we will initiate the open Beta
---