will FF14 on ps3 allow mics?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online
  3. will FF14 on ps3 allow mics?

User Info: shiva9999

shiva9999
6 years ago#1
that be the best way to enjoy this game i don't mind buying the ps3 control keyboard but mics make it a lot easier to tell some 1 something quick like ! QUICK CASTE HASTE AND PROTECT 4 ! than typing it
If we cannot love the person whom we see , How can we love god whom we cannot see".

User Info: blackhuntingcat

blackhuntingcat
6 years ago#2

probably not but if sony can get their act together and bring out the coverted cross game voice chat well that would be just ducky

User Info: Moonlight_Drive

Moonlight_Drive
6 years ago#3
Can the people on PS3 hear the people on computer who have voice chat? Like sometimes when I play on PS3 without a mic, I can still hear other peoples voices through our TV screen. Will it be that way for PS3 players in FF14?

User Info: 2DFighter84

2DFighter84
6 years ago#4
@Moon--- nah. the voice chat that pc nerds are gonna be usin' is a 3rd party program not supported by PS3. so PS3 players won't hear em either.

@OP--- you realise your post just enraged about 12 anti-social FF11-iots, who hate voices and talkin' IRL, right? this could cause a stampede of silent text hate ta cascade on this forum like the sweat of a fink-rat chasin' a block of molded cheese.

*side steps the anti-voice chat stampede*

User Info: Vigrim

Vigrim
6 years ago#5
They'd better. It's 2010, this should be mandatory and if you don't care for hearing someone just mute/block them.
Currently Playing: Demon's Souls DLC,Chrono Break,GT5,Suikoden 6,

User Info: servb0ts

servb0ts
6 years ago#6
no mic, apparently SE hate Nas & his "1 mic" song with a passion so now we suffer. lol

User Info: toddze

toddze
6 years ago#7

FFXIV will not support voice chat at launch, nor will it probably ever support voice chat. If you want voice chat your going to need a computer close by, and a bluetooth headset (or corded headset if your comp is right by you). Of course youll have to have teamspeak/ventrillio (or any other vc program) on the computer. But blu0tooth headset would be your best bet, running a voice chat progrom wont tie up your computer so other members of your household can still get on the pc an do their thing w/o bothering you doing your thing on ffxiv.

User Info: mario901

mario901
6 years ago#8
I for one don't want any voice chat integrated into the game. Lord knows there are way too many annoying people out there. It was bad enough seeing a guy constantly using provoke in FFXI with a macro that said:

I'M RICK JAMES, *****!!!

Can you imagine a person like that having the ability to *speak* in the game?
http://i.imgur.com/THTLT.gif

User Info: 2DFighter84

2DFighter84
6 years ago#9
mario901---". It was bad enough seeing a guy constantly using provoke in FFXI with a macro that said:I'M RICK JAMES, *****!!!Can you imagine a person like that having the ability to *speak* in the game?"

aaawww COME ON man! you can't really be that serious in-game! is everyone supposed ta use <call17> / party "pulling <t>" macro? this is what 2D's talkin' bout when he badgers the FF11 community for bein' too uptight.

User Info: colon_three

colon_three
6 years ago#10
...actually, the <call> macro is even more annoying.

Also, you refer to yourself in the third person, which makes you a moron.
PSN - Neo_Buddha
Current faves - Modern Warfare 2, Dragon Age: Origins, SF4:3
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online
  3. will FF14 on ps3 allow mics?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived