will FF14 on ps3 allow mics?

#1shiva9999Posted 8/29/2010 1:31:21 PM
that be the best way to enjoy this game i don't mind buying the ps3 control keyboard but mics make it a lot easier to tell some 1 something quick like ! QUICK CASTE HASTE AND PROTECT 4 ! than typing it
---
If we cannot love the person whom we see , How can we love god whom we cannot see".
#2blackhuntingcatPosted 8/29/2010 3:43:19 PM

probably not but if sony can get their act together and bring out the coverted cross game voice chat well that would be just ducky

#3Moonlight_DrivePosted 8/29/2010 3:57:20 PM
Can the people on PS3 hear the people on computer who have voice chat? Like sometimes when I play on PS3 without a mic, I can still hear other peoples voices through our TV screen. Will it be that way for PS3 players in FF14?
#42DFighter84Posted 8/29/2010 4:16:09 PM
@Moon--- nah. the voice chat that pc nerds are gonna be usin' is a 3rd party program not supported by PS3. so PS3 players won't hear em either.

@OP--- you realise your post just enraged about 12 anti-social FF11-iots, who hate voices and talkin' IRL, right? this could cause a stampede of silent text hate ta cascade on this forum like the sweat of a fink-rat chasin' a block of molded cheese.

*side steps the anti-voice chat stampede*
#5VigrimPosted 8/29/2010 5:12:55 PM
They'd better. It's 2010, this should be mandatory and if you don't care for hearing someone just mute/block them.
---
Currently Playing: Demon's Souls DLC,Chrono Break,GT5,Suikoden 6,
#6servb0tsPosted 8/29/2010 5:25:01 PM
no mic, apparently SE hate Nas & his "1 mic" song with a passion so now we suffer. lol
#7toddzePosted 8/29/2010 5:46:16 PM

FFXIV will not support voice chat at launch, nor will it probably ever support voice chat. If you want voice chat your going to need a computer close by, and a bluetooth headset (or corded headset if your comp is right by you). Of course youll have to have teamspeak/ventrillio (or any other vc program) on the computer. But blu0tooth headset would be your best bet, running a voice chat progrom wont tie up your computer so other members of your household can still get on the pc an do their thing w/o bothering you doing your thing on ffxiv.

#8mario901Posted 8/30/2010 1:46:54 AM
I for one don't want any voice chat integrated into the game. Lord knows there are way too many annoying people out there. It was bad enough seeing a guy constantly using provoke in FFXI with a macro that said:

I'M RICK JAMES, *****!!!

Can you imagine a person like that having the ability to *speak* in the game?
---
http://i.imgur.com/THTLT.gif
#92DFighter84Posted 8/30/2010 10:28:20 PM
mario901---". It was bad enough seeing a guy constantly using provoke in FFXI with a macro that said:I'M RICK JAMES, *****!!!Can you imagine a person like that having the ability to *speak* in the game?"

aaawww COME ON man! you can't really be that serious in-game! is everyone supposed ta use <call17> / party "pulling <t>" macro? this is what 2D's talkin' bout when he badgers the FF11 community for bein' too uptight.
#10colon_threePosted 8/31/2010 8:21:47 AM
...actually, the <call> macro is even more annoying.

Also, you refer to yourself in the third person, which makes you a moron.
---
PSN - Neo_Buddha
Current faves - Modern Warfare 2, Dragon Age: Origins, SF4:3