The CPU plays unfairly on wi-fi!

#1AntiSocialPosted 1/22/2011 2:34:28 AM
Well I play this a lot over wi-fi with my friend, and as many of you should know, it isn't always possible to get a full game going because not a whole lot of people play this anymore (especially at night). So usually it is just me, him and two computer-controlled characters.

Well he wins more often than not, and we've finally come to the conclusion that it is because the CPU just simply plays in favor of whoever is hosting the game (and it's usually him as the host).
Meaning when they play a wild card, 90% of the time they will choose whatever color the host has the most of. I was a bit sceptical at first when he pointed it out, but at the start of each round he would tell me what color he has the most of and guess what...the CPU would choose that color! He was correct too many times for it to just be a coincidence.

It makes the game a whole lot less fun knowing the CPU was programmed with this unfair bias. I'm disappointed Gameloft, because this definitely doesn't happen in the Xbox 360 version (which wasn't developed by them). Basically the only time you can expect a fair game is when you are playing with a full group, and that rarely happens.

Until I can be proven wrong, I'm going to assume that every version of the game developed by Gameloft (Wii, PS3, PSP, iPhone etc.) is the same way because they're a small company who gets by on porting their games with little effort (and ripping off other people's ideas, but that has nothing to do with my complaint).
---
ACCF 0560-0261-2466 | Michael | Holy Wood
Xbox Live Gamertag: Beer N Midgets | PSN ID: BeerAndMidgets
#2AntiSocial(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2011 12:43:50 AM
OK we got to play a few rounds tonight, this time with me as host. We didn't get to play much with the CPU because we were able to get a full group playing, but from the time we did play with the CPU it happened for me too. The CPU would play a wild card and change the color to what I had the most cards of. It didn't happen quite as much as it did with my friend last night, but it happened enough that there is no way this is just a coincidence.
---
ACCF 0560-0261-2466 | Michael | Holy Wood
Xbox Live Gamertag: Beer N Midgets | PSN ID: BeerAndMidgets