Mothership Zeta : Can't finish game...

#1bnaedPosted 8/7/2009 3:35:42 PM

Anyone else having trouble with "This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough..."?

Quote from Mothership Zeta wiki...

"When you go the the Bridge to Defeat the captain in the final mission, after Sally comes through the teleporter and opens the first door, all NPC's (including Sally) immediately return back through the teleporter and all stand at the door downstairs which is inaccessible, which means you cannot continue any further through the mission as you need Sally to open all the doors. To fix this, try talking to all of the NPCs while Sally is away opening the first door. Then when the door is open, push Sally to the end of the doorway and she'll make her way to the second door instead of turning around and running away"

Are there any workarounds for this problem other than the one stated? (which I can't get to work)

:(

#2aeternus7Posted 8/9/2009 3:28:18 AM

i didn't work for me either. Sally kept retutning to the damned teleporter and no chance of getting ahead of rooms.

#3kingkingPosted 8/11/2009 12:15:26 AM
kill the four alien workers before you activate the teleporter. make a save if sally, paul, and eliott are following you. when you are in the room with the glass floor, after sally run to unlock the door, talk to Eliott to make sure that he stays to watch the death ray scene.
---
i am rabbit
#4rjp15Posted 8/13/2009 12:08:53 PM

Ya, I am also having major problems with this DLC. First off I did finally get Sally to open the first door but then she won't open the second, and also I never have the mission objectives to destroy the death ray, it goes immediately to kill the alien captain. Can anybody help me?

#5mackey12345Posted 8/17/2009 9:37:54 PM

You too? **** I can't complete the DLC because the missions jump straight to Kill the Alien Captain, I can't get all those captives records from those consoles either... Great.

#6bnaed(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2009 9:40:20 PM

Well, in the end I resorted to using the console to hack (fix) the game.

Just as Sally was crawling through the vent to open the first door, I opened the console and used the "prid ref_id" in the hope that I would get Sally's Id and then use another console command to spawn her next to the second door.

Lo and Behold (once I used the console and used the command prid, then clicking on Sally to get her Id) after she opened the first door, she stayed put and didn't run back into the teleport.

I walked through to the next room (which the glass floor overlooking Earth) and all the NPC's followed and it kicked off the next scene.

I must have given the script engine a jolt, by using the console to get Sally's id.

Was then able to finish the game.

:D

#7rjp15Posted 8/18/2009 12:06:07 PM

Ya, I guess that's what I'll have to do too, I emailed tech support and this is what I got back:

It is strongly recommended to turn off all background applications when running graphically intensive programs. Many applications can cause errors such as GPFs, color scrambling, loss of sound effects or music, etc. Taking a minute to turn off these applications can save you the trouble of rebooting later. Background applications include such things as System Agent, Norton Utilities, Internet chat utilities, virus checkers and screen savers. Crash guard programs such as First Aid for Windows can also cause problems.

1. Click on the Windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Click on Start Search
3. Type in msconfig and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
4. Click the Continue button if the message "Windows needs your permission to continue" appears. If this message does not appear, please continue to step 5.
5. On the General Tab, choose Selective Startup.
6. Uncheck the option to Load startup items.
7. Click Apply, then Ok, and restart the system when prompted.

:roll: If that actually fixes it then I will move to Antarctica.

#8bnaed(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2009 8:16:06 PM

Obvioulsy you got a reply from the Support Bot!

Good luck buddy. In the end I didn't really care about actually finishing the DLC... I just wanted to get back home to the Wasteland.

DogMeat is still out there somewhere!

#9mellee2008Posted 8/21/2009 9:46:48 PM
bnaed posted...

Well, in the end I resorted to using the console to hack (fix) the game.

Just as Sally was crawling through the vent to open the first door, I opened the console and used the "prid ref_id" in the hope that I would get Sally's Id and then use another console command to spawn her next to the second door.

Lo and Behold (once I used the console and used the command prid, then clicking on Sally to get her Id) after she opened the first door, she stayed put and didn't run back into the teleport.

I walked through to the next room (which the glass floor overlooking Earth) and all the NPC's followed and it kicked off the next scene.

I must have given the script engine a jolt, by using the console to get Sally's id.

Was then able to finish the game.

Hi, so what is Sally's ID and what exaclty do we type?? cheers :)
#10bnaed(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2009 9:55:30 PM

If you bring up the console and enter prid you can then click on her actual character and it will tell you her id.

Hope this makes sense.

:)